Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter? >

Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Old 02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

eqsdybf, Don't get me wrong.. I believe it can succeed. I just wonder at what cost to us.

But I do believe they could do somethings (little things) better. Like how hard could it be to tell me the date and the time on every hunt. Tell us the wind direction and how you went to your stand.. etc. etc. etc.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:58 PM

Default RE: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

ORIGINAL: MO Archer

ORIGINAL: egsdybf

I would much rather be able to buy a hunting 'bloopers' video that shows all of the almosts, could have beens, and mistakes because seeing and experiencing those are how you learn. No, the hunting shows do not represent the average Joe hunter.
Maybe a hunting blunders video would sell, but could a person make a whole t.v.concept on it?
Not the blunders you are thinking of. Some are successful and some are not. Just like when you and I hunt....
Your "buck roar" comment. I was filming a guy who thought that call was a cure-all. He blew it at deer 5 yards away or 100 yards away. Guess what? They all ran like h*ll. Big buck, little it mattered none. That call is a waste unless you have the absolute dominant buck around and has notbeen called to like a pinned-up turkey. Too many deer scared senseless witht his call.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Dominant Buck

In all seriousness, buys......there HAS to be a market for informational DVD's. I've been turkey hunting for years.....but I'd buy a GOOD instructional DVD or even a DVD SET!

I'll be honest, too.....if I were JUST getting into this sport.....the TV shows would intimidate me....if I thought I had to go out and match them. We need (for the good of the sport) more TV shows EDUCATING hunters on the need to take does (for instance)......promoting treestand safety........and talking about the intricacies of acquiring land (and letting land OWNERS know the benefits to them at the same time).

Would you buy this????
Old 02-07-2007, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

eqsdybf, Don't get me wrong.. I believe it can succeed. I just wonder at what cost to us.

But I do believe they could do somethings (little things) better. Like how hard could it be to tell me the date and the time on every hunt. Tell us the wind direction and how you went to your stand.. etc. etc. etc.
Life is and has always been about the little things. That is why we are here talking. I agree things need a "little" change and some of the things you just mentioned are only the start. Honestly, I do not want to get into our style because I do not want to influence anyone elses ideas of production, but I am sure it will fly with many. This business is like being a referree, you will never make everyone happy-so don't try. I have huge respect for the big dogs on t.v. right now, but there is another market too.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

In fact Jeff, I would buy such a DVD. But that's just me. I like to see a good doe kill.

And I would be really interested in how about getting land since I have in fact the crumbiest land available each year. But it's Illinois land...
Old 02-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I WOULD TOO, DUKE!!!!

I would, TOO!

And Duke.....if you wanna see some DOE harvests......come to NC, this Fall! I will be the nanny 'Nialator.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

In all seriousness, buys......there HAS to be a market for informational DVD's. I've been turkey hunting for years.....but I'd buy a GOOD instructional DVD or even a DVD SET!

I'll be honest, too.....if I were JUST getting into this sport.....the TV shows would intimidate me....if I thought I had to go out and match them. We need (for the good of the sport) more TV shows EDUCATING hunters on the need to take does (for instance)......promoting treestand safety........and talking about the intricacies of acquiring land (and letting land OWNERS know the benefits to them at the same time).

Would you buy this????
I am not sure exactly what you mean by this? I do think newbies to hunting would feel intimidated and incapable of matching wits with the "pros". Part of personification is what we are avoiding because it does create a problem.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

I would much rather be able to buy a hunting 'bloopers' video that shows all of the almosts, could have beens, and mistakes because seeing and experiencing those are how you learn. No, the hunting shows do not represent the average Joe hunter.
Maybe a hunting blunders video would sell, but could a person make a whole t.v.concept on it?
Not the blunders you are thinking of. Some are successful and some are not. Just like when you and I hunt....
Your "buck roar" comment. I was filming a guy who thought that call was a cure-all. He blew it at deer 5 yards away or 100 yards away. Guess what? They all ran like h*ll. Big buck, little it mattered none. That call is a waste unless you have the absolute dominant buck around and has notbeen called to like a pinned-up turkey. Too many deer scared senseless witht his call.
That 'comment' is my signature...it is on every post I make. It is MAKING FUN of the buck roar.....
Old 02-07-2007, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntND

The one thing to remember too is editting. Yes these people hunt private game ranches that are just crawling with all sorts of game. But a lot of the footage gets editted.

I think it would be cool to see a show of average people scouting their hunting spots and doing all the prep work that goes into hunting with an informative narrator. Then maybe show a clip of the person with their reward at the end and have a different Person/Area every week.

Just an idea I came up with right now.
I think that would bore me to death. If i want that I just go out and do it myself, if I want to dream I watch a hunting video. Just me though
Old 02-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems that things are far too easy on t.v. I wish there was a show or DVDs that appealed more to how things really happen in the hunting woods. I don't know about you all, but things are not always as easy and flawless as these showsmake them out to be. What do you think?
what you're saying is true. BUT, and that's a big butt, it takes a whole lot of work to get a hunt down on film, most of the time there is way more time spent in the stand than we realize.

Quick Reply: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.