Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coyote Hunting tips needed >

Coyote Hunting tips needed

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote Hunting tips needed

Old 01-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Coyote Hunting tips needed

Can anyone here provide some good tips on coyote hunting or direct me to a website or area that can? We have a decent number of coyotes here in central florida, so i thought i would try it. One of our members bought a foxpro call but has never tried it. He offered to let me us it, along with his decoy, but I was hoping to get a few tips first. I have a 308 caliber, so i'll use that, but am open to any and all suggestions.

thx for the help
Old 01-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned

Default RE: Coyote Hunting tips needed

Here ya go. great predator forum
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0
Old 01-28-2007, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Coyote Hunting tips needed

Yote hunting it out of this world. I can only compare it to Hunting Hogs with a Bow in the Brush. But be safe about it Calling a Yote often leads to a mad Yote when he finds out your causing destress to friend of his. I have two foxpros they are GREAT the way I hunt them in Nm is We take a Truck out that we have a Stand that goes in the back of it that is about 7 Foot high. He Have 10 Lighs on a Rack Like a Roll bar that Points 15-20 yards out from the Truck We Set the Call out 10 Yards in any Direction of the truck. A 308 Is a little extreme for me to Yote hunt with but Ive seen guys use 7mm's. I use a 243 makes a clean kill and does a little damage to the hide. Many people just hunt Yotes any were. The best thing to do is Find a Cow farm, Chicken Farm you get the idea ask if they have a problem with yotes and 80% of them will be extremely happy to have you pop all the Yotes u can around there farm. And if your not using the hide give them away sure theres a trapper who would love them, I give mine to a 4h group that sells the hides and Look around were we hunt pays 5 Bucks or more per set of ears bring in.