Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Moose Hunting Tips Needed? >

Moose Hunting Tips Needed?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Moose Hunting Tips Needed?

Old 09-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Spike

Default Moose Hunting Tips Needed?

I am going Moose hunting Sept.15th - 21st in North Quebec. Mostly stand hunting at the back of a little lake where it has a lot of vegitation and the surrounding woods are very thick. There are a few of these senerio's where i am headed.
ShouldI sit in the standdurring the afternoon hours as well? 1:00 to 4:00or just hunt the morning and late day? Do the moose move in the daytime?

The one area you have to take a 1/2 hour canoe ride to get to the rear of the narrow lake to the stand. Once your in your stand. you cant go anywhere.

Any Quebec hunting moose tip will be appreciated!
Thx

Old 09-09-2007, 01:43 PM

Default RE: Moose Hunting Tips Needed?

I dont hunt moose in Quebec but i know almost every moose that ive seen shot or i have shot has been late morning or afternoon, ive seen lots of moose during the daytime so if i were you i would stay in the stand cause they should be moving around unless its really hot out.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stay the course.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Agreed.When hunting moose in the forestI hunt all day and have taken a number during the afternoon hours.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Typical Buck

During the rut you can have a bull on your lap any time of the day.If you're near water scoop and pour it back into the swamp/lake to mimic a cow peeing while calling.Raking a pole busting branches of of surrounding trees helps.An easy call to make is cut one end out of a large can,punch a small nail hole in the other end,then take a skate/shoe lace and poke it through the hole and knot it inside the can.Wet the lace leaving it dangling out of the can and by changing finger preasure squeezing on the cord slide full length to make a long drawn out cow call.Short notes for bulls.Birch bark funnels or a Javex bottle with the end cut off also work..............Good luck Harold
Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM

All of what has bin said is right,Moose like to roam whenthe hunting season isupon us:, and when they get there nookie in place then thats where you should be! What i mean is that it's alright to sit in a stand if thats his marked area or if you figure you can lure him away from him's women. So remember to get Papa? find mama and set up: i suggest you find a Wallow or Rub. just have a clear sense of smell and you'll find them.