Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 old summit skins >

old summit skins

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

old summit skins

Old 07-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default old summit skins

has anyone tried to remove their old summit skins from their stands to apply the new batch they sent out after the recall??

i started/attempted today. i got frustrated after an hour and had to walk away before i threw it lol. it dont come off for nothin. some of it stuck, but some didnt...the stuff that DID stick is STUCK. it came down to peeling the camo fabric from the foam. then scraping the foam with a plastic scraper...which still leaves adhesive! ughhhh gave me a headache.

anyone try yet?? any easy way to do it?? im planning on painting it anyways...i cant stand the color that it and most stands come so i stocked up on flat camo colored paints to do all 5 of my stands including the summit. it might come down to paint stripper...though i really dont want to...heck my luck it wont even remove the foam and adhesive...so anyone know of an easier/better way??? i wish i would known there was a recall i would never applied mine. it was heck to apply and didnt stick very well..but it sure stuck after sitting in my room since winter
Old 07-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: old summit skins

Try to scrape most of the foam off, then scub it down with a rag with lacquer thinner. Keep using a clean rag and it may take some of the paint off. But it will remove it. If you are going to put more skins on you do not need to remove the sticky adhesive that is on the stand after the foam is gone. If you do take it all off, repaint what needs it and re apply the new skins. Be CAREFULL not to touch any other parts of your stand with the rag or your hands that may have the adhesive on it or it will be sticky too and you'll have to clean it as well.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx strutnbuck...i knew there had to be some chemical that would take it off but not completely eat the paint. im going to do a camo paint job and apply the new skins anyways...just didnt want to take it down to bare metal unless worst came to worst.

guess tomarrow is another day of scrapping more foam off lol...

i hate how they changed the camo pattern on the new skins[:@] dont match my padding or accessories!! i just hope it works and sticks this time!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ask Summit, I'm sure they know how and what to use.