HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Success getting skins replaced for Summit Stands??
Old 01-06-2007, 03:48 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Success getting skins replaced for Summit Stands??

i emailed them about...2 months ago maybe about the skins. seen a flyer at Gander Mountain about the skins. said i would be put on a list and id get new ones when they are ready...my guess...they havent gotten anything to stick better...mine were like yours..i put them on and they just undone themselves...after a few attempts i got them to stick though...they definently need something better though..i like the skins..quieted sound a good bit and i dont care what people say that little bit of camo helps break up the unatural lines of a treestand..might not help ALOT but i think they help..

Summit was very very good first time i dealt with their customer service. my seat was missing the metal buckle that goes through the bigger metal buckle..i emailed them and asked if they could send me the buckle id put it on..within a couple days i had a whole new seat at my door no questions asked. so im betting once they get the new ones made...

heres my email:

I just purchased a Viper SS this september. I was at Gander
Mountain the other day and noticed a sign posted saying i may have defective
Summit Skin and to contact you and check to see. Just making sure mine is
ok or what i have to do.

heres their reply:

I would not recommend using the supplied Summit Skin. We have seen random
samples fail - they peel up around the edges of the platform. Some sets
work fine but others come right off after a few hours / days. I will add
you to the waiting list for the new product - once we have it ready we will
ship you a set at no charge.