Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Realtree to come out with open pattern? >

Realtree to come out with open pattern?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Realtree to come out with open pattern?

Old 12-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Realtree to come out with open pattern?

I agree YooperMike, it'll catch some too, you know, the slow ones.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

i still like the mossy oak new break up even though it may look like a bob to some itll make you disapperar around here and southern Illinois but mabey ine day i will invest in some predator or enigma
Old 12-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a step in the right direction, but still a long way from what I would call a true open-concept pattern. Talondale is exactly right; it's still based on photorealism.

Davidmil was spot-on, too, by saying that if the intent is to get into that market, it needs large, irregular-shaped splotches of a much lighter background. If you notice in the promotional video, they never allow the subject to be skylighted... There's ALWAYS a tree trunk behind the wearer.

There's a very good reason for that...

Having said that, I like Hardwoods and especially Hardwoods HD in certain applications. It's the best "mass-market" camo pattern I've found remaining out there once Toxey ruined Mossy Oak by creating the New Blackup. Until I succeed at getting Bowtech to offer an option in a true open-concept pattern, I always order my bows in Hardwoods HD.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I've seen the new pattern on the back of Field &Stream magazine, and heard it mentioned in NA Whitetail. It looks good, not nearly as dark as their current patterns. And I use the current patterns too.

I'll definatly be using it this fall 2007. I don't put much regard into camo.. just hunt higher than the deer look..
And sit still. I'm pretty sure I know what deer see, movement.Movement is the big killer. Many places I hunt are steep. Deer can be at eye level. As long as I sit still they can look my way and not get spooked (my patterns are old school). Had 2 this past season do it and I was in a terrible tree for cover. Went on for a good 1/2 hour not 20 yrds. out. The open camo's maybe more forgiving and allow the hunter to move more.

There is something to be said for being hidden from man's eyes as well. How many guys remove their markers when leaving so as to not leave a trail to their spots. Same reason.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:09 AM

well everyone has their opinions...... to me it all comes down to this, 200$ for a camo jacket or 30-50$ for one that will probably work jsut as well, and probably better for turkey hunting applications..... heck I lvoe bow hunting in a flannel shirt, I jstu dont read or move on stand.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:16 AM

Oh man that looks great! That will be my new pattern. I was about to lay down big bux on asat because i was wanting a more open pattern, but this realtree AP is close enuff to work for me and alot cheaper.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Looks pretty good.Should be a popular pattern
Old 12-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow... That is a heck of a camo pattern! [8D]

But I have to see it in person, first and foremost. I think RealTree is a great company.I have all my stuff in RealTree HD.

Butch A.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I still like army green but for some reason,you can't findBOWHUNTING bibs and parkas in it.

I am serious,I have a chemical suit that I wear when the wheather permits and it seems the deer have a much harder time picking me outa tree when I am wearing it.They don't even look at it.It seems alot of the patterns today,they look but keep going.Of course the trees still have some green to them when the weather permits me to wear it.

I agree that movement is the main issue.