HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Realtree to come out with open pattern?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:57 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Realtree to come out with open pattern?

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I've seen the new pattern on the back of Field &Stream magazine, and heard it mentioned in NA Whitetail. It looks good, not nearly as dark as their current patterns. And I use the current patterns too.

I'll definatly be using it this fall 2007. I don't put much regard into camo.. just hunt higher than the deer look..
And sit still. I'm pretty sure I know what deer see, movement.Movement is the big killer. Many places I hunt are steep. Deer can be at eye level. As long as I sit still they can look my way and not get spooked (my patterns are old school). Had 2 this past season do it and I was in a terrible tree for cover. Went on for a good 1/2 hour not 20 yrds. out. The open camo's maybe more forgiving and allow the hunter to move more.

There is something to be said for being hidden from man's eyes as well. How many guys remove their markers when leaving so as to not leave a trail to their spots. Same reason.