Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Heard about a Potential New State Record? >

Heard about a Potential New State Record?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heard about a Potential New State Record?

Old 12-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Heard about a Potential New State Record?

Sometimes I wonder how many of these monster that show up are fair chase? Does anyone else wonder that anymore? Whose to prove any of it all?
EXACTLY!
everyshow i watch on tv, when ever i see a really big buck i say ohh, this must be high fenced, or farm bread deer

Heck no I don't concern myself with "Is it fair chaseor not". It won't effect my life if someone wants to cheat.REally, it cost me nothing, hurts me in no way and I don't care about records. Until proven wrong or shady I'll give a hunter the benefit of the doubt, a slap on the back and a congradulations. I'm not so envious of someones success or insecure in my own abilitiesthat I have to cast doubts on their success.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Sometimes I wonder how many of these monster that show up are fair chase? Does anyone else wonder that anymore? Whose to prove any of it all?

Sometimes I think its a little hard not to wonder but I think most of us would prefer to give the hunter the benifit of the doubt. Sort of like being innocent until proven guilty.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

AWESOME!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

When I first saw the pic, I almost thought it was the same as the one they are claiming may be the new MD record, It was just taken in Charles County MD. A friend of mine called me and told me where to find the pic, It was taken by someone he knew or has hunted with over in MD across the river from us. here is the pics, There are not any Hunting Preserves (for deer) in Maryland.
http://www.buckwild2006.proboards101.com/index.cgi?board=deer&action=display&thread =1164683410
Old 12-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I ever get me a typical 15 point, I'll start hunting for the 16. What a buck and I couldn't be happier for the man.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am curious to know more. People don't realize how good it can be in NY so I wouldn't count it out. Our local Martin rep has family property in Steuben County and they took 5 bucks this year off it that were 130" or better. His went 142". Some of the more agricultural southern shotgun only zones are fantastic if your willing to find the right spot and practice good management. Albany county has several deer this year over 150" inches as well including a 171" that was taken in duanesburg. Heck, a few years ago a buck grossed 200+ inches but was unfortunately poached with a gun in the bowhunting only zone.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am curious to know more. People don't realize how good it can be in NY
Rick I think most states can be good. TDM(Traditional Deer Danagement) is hard nut to crack.

One nice deer
Old 12-03-2006, 07:54 PM

Hey everyone, to clear up some rumors here, this deer was shot on November 25th in New Hampshire. I haven't been around my computer for a couple days and saw the title so I had to check it out. Anyways, this deer was shot by John Klucky in South Eastern New Hampshire in Unit L. "Tonight I measured the probable new NH record typical deer. The current record nets 183 3/8". The Klucky buck grosses 200 0/8" and nets 187 7/8"(green score). Generally a rack will shrink 2-3" during the 60 day drying period. It will be remeasured after 60 days to get the official dry score.It has 15 typical points, almost unheard of anywhere.
John was asked the night before to join a group of hunters for the next days hunt but declined. In the morning he changed his mind and joined them and sat on one of their stands. The rest is history!!" [/align]This is taken out of an email from an official scorer, Roscoe Blaisdell. This deer being shot in New Hampshire is unreal, we have people paying thousands to hunt deer smaller than this out of state and here we have a beauty of nature right in our own back yards. I believe it weighed a little under 160 pounds, I saw the picture at the check in station in Manchester and the picture has been plastered on many local forums. Anyways, I just wanted to clear this up and say that it is, in fact, a real deer and shot in New Hampshire.[/align]-Chris[/align]