HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heard about a Potential New State Record?
Old 12-03-2006, 07:54 PM
NHdeerhunter

Default RE: Heard about a Potential New State Record?

Hey everyone, to clear up some rumors here, this deer was shot on November 25th in New Hampshire. I haven't been around my computer for a couple days and saw the title so I had to check it out. Anyways, this deer was shot by John Klucky in South Eastern New Hampshire in Unit L. "Tonight I measured the probable new NH record typical deer. The current record nets 183 3/8". The Klucky buck grosses 200 0/8" and nets 187 7/8"(green score). Generally a rack will shrink 2-3" during the 60 day drying period. It will be remeasured after 60 days to get the official dry score.It has 15 typical points, almost unheard of anywhere.
John was asked the night before to join a group of hunters for the next days hunt but declined. In the morning he changed his mind and joined them and sat on one of their stands. The rest is history!!" [/align]This is taken out of an email from an official scorer, Roscoe Blaisdell. This deer being shot in New Hampshire is unreal, we have people paying thousands to hunt deer smaller than this out of state and here we have a beauty of nature right in our own back yards. I believe it weighed a little under 160 pounds, I saw the picture at the check in station in Manchester and the picture has been plastered on many local forums. Anyways, I just wanted to clear this up and say that it is, in fact, a real deer and shot in New Hampshire.[/align]-Chris[/align]