Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Under Armour ???? >

Under Armour ????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Under Armour ????

Old 11-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Under Armour ????

Under Armour cold gear is excellent.I won't hunt without it on Cold Days.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:41 AM

http://www.hanksclothing.com/Merino%20Wool%20Thermal%20Underwear.html
Old 11-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Got the under armour cold gear compression fit garments for my birthday and wore them for the first time on saturday. They kept me dry and somewhat warm. My only complaint about them is the compression fit, you get use to it after a short time, but the compression makes all the hair on your legs bend the wrong way and holds them there...kind of a weird feeling. I got the gear for free, I like it and will use it again.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought underarmor against my better judgement. It doesn't work for keeping you warm when sitting still. I still wear it but I put two more sets of thermals on over the top of it. I can also attest to the fact that under armor will stink bad after two days of wear. Not worth the money in my opinion.

Tom
Old 11-06-2006, 12:08 PM

I have 2 Underarmor Tops and one pair of bottoms. I don't like how tight they fit and I am not build like they're marketing models. However, they work very good. Check out the sportmansguide.com for better pricing. I got mine at T.J. Max.

Here are another couple of great items from the sportmans guide.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=210496

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=69739

The latter of the items is my super-cold underwear. I have the union suit and the mock turtle neck. They are TOASTY! Even if you get totally soaked, they dry up in minutes.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just got the under armour cold gear mock turtle in camo (wierd for an undergarment) but anyway I love it. It was 20 degrees Saturday morning and I was toasty..now of course you still wear other layers but the compression fit is skin tight so extra layers don't bulk up!

It also has some scent suppression so it's an added bonus to my scentlok. I'm impressed enough to want the bottoms too!
Old 11-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

YES!

I purchased the 'Cold Gear' Under Armour- Bottoms, tops, balaclava hood, skull cap, and gloves. Yes it is pricey but well worth the price. I plan to add a second full set for next year to have a change in Elk Camp.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:52 PM

I love under armour I wore it all through highschool in football and baseball no matter the tempature. Cold gear is what I wear while I hunt and I have no complaints. I have alot of other thermal underwear and crap but to me nothing beats my cold gear with some wool socks haha I totally think it is worth the money. The fit might seem weird because it is so tight but if it wasn't tight it would not be able to properaly work how its supposed to. I also bow hunt in the gloves they just made and they fit VERY tight and they keep my fingers warm as well.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:13 PM

I too wear UA cold gear. I wear the mock turtle neck and pants. If there was one complaint it would be that if you have to walk very far you will be sweating by the time you get there. I love how tight they fit and they work great.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:16 PM

Anyone else tried the ECWCS (Extended Cold Weather Clothing System) Long underwear? I guess itwas a military technology at first.. I bought a set a couple years ago at cabelas, and they are the warmest thing ive ever worn. Waiting to pick up my deer two years ago from the processing place, i had those on with a pair of jeans and a camo long sleeve shirt and i was warm even though it was about 10 degrees. I'm really impressed with them, but i just looked and couldn't find them on Cabelas site..