Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2 Minutes -  2 Button Bucks >

2 Minutes - 2 Button Bucks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 Minutes - 2 Button Bucks

Old 11-09-2002, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2 Minutes - 2 Button Bucks

JKT; Not all buttons are the size of a mid size dog. I have one dog that weighs in at 47lbs and the other weighs in at 140lbs, so what is mid size in your opinion? Here is a link to a photo of the button I shot laying next to the 8pt buck I shot. The buck weighed between 180 to 185lbs, does the button look like he weighs the same as a mid size dog to me? no. Click on my 2002 Deer http://community.webshots.com/user/ladyforge Are there differing sizes in deer from one location in the US to another location in the US. I believe so. The deer on my brothers land in Oklahoma are far smaller in body size than the body size of the same age deer in east central Illinois.The mulies on my mothers land in montana are much smaller in height but very fat looking. My husband shot a 11 point buck this am that we and the checkstation and meat processor have estimated the body weight at 240lbs-230lbs that from the steep angle and close yardage shot he shot it at made the body size look small.When I made a mistake I was not riduculeed or humiliated, I was educated in my mistake and showen the error I made and taught how to hopefully not repeat the same mistake again.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:46 PM

lady forge you are right no one should be riduculeed for a mistake
but you summed up this post in one word

mistake

Old 11-09-2002, 11:01 PM

The real point is not that her dad shot two button bucks, approximate ages 4 to 6 mo. He might have actually made 2 mistakes. Only he knows.

However, once it was discovered that two, almost fawn bucks, were killed, here is the real point.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Well, needless to say, he was ecstatic. He was running around acting like a kid at Christmas. It was fun to watch, and we were so happy for him after the other day. God is Good<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

That statement reveals that there was no regret and that it will happen again. A mistake is a mistake only when you regret the mistake occurred.

To hell with beating around the bush! Get out of the field and take your family with you. You/they do not hunt, you/they just enjoy killing.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:57 AM
VBM

My,MY,MY it seems that we have alot of perfect people out there. Never made a mistake, don't like to eat venison only like to ridicule others. My first question is was shooting 2 button bucks legal? If so then you folks need to get a life. If not well that may be another story alltogether.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:24 AM

So, VBM, being legal is the bottom line for you.

Get past the mistake excuse. Whether or not it was a mistake became totally irrelevant when they celebrated. It is how they felt and how they acted, after the fact. Is that the hunting mentality you condone?

The guy took six shots at a deer with broadheads &quot;...that were not flying right because he did not tune his bow to them.” So they ran to the local market and quickly purchased a totally different broadhead, ran back to the field and quickly killed two semi-fawns and then danced a jig and praised the Lord.

A regretted mistake? Give me a @%$# break. This bs is becoming an epidemic.

Edited by - c903 on 11/10/2002 02:27:13
Old 11-10-2002, 02:01 AM
VBM

Well my irate friend is a button buck sacred? I think not. Nor is the poor little female of the species...the doe. If a button buck is sacred to you then so should be the doe. If that is the case then you must be a truly mighty hunter to only take the largest and stongest of bucks. Maybe someday all hunters will be as gifted as you. Your command of the english language is amazing as well.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ladybowhunter Congrats to your dad on his deer and do not try to argue with this bunch of site cops on here, they are for the most part perfect hunters in all ways and from what I can see most of them only kill hugh bucks. Over the years I have taken a few button bucks and they tasted just like the other deer I have taken . I have said it before and I have always felt this way any deer taken under the fair chase rules with a bow is a trophy but anymore the horn hunters cant wait to jump on someone for not hunting their way.

Get off her back guys and be glad another hunter has scored and was very excited that he had.

Years ago a friend of mine killed a button I believe it was around 1966 and some of the guys I worked with called him bambi killer he just laughed and said well Bambi is in the freezer where is yours. I will always remember that he was proud of that deer and no amount of teasing could change that.

If you feel you must chastize someone for taking young deer then you are pretty close to being a PETA member and if you cant say something nice to someone about the fair game they have taken then for Gods sake keep your loud mouth shut.

JUST MY OPINION.

Edited by - royak on 11/10/2002 09:12:38
Old 11-10-2002, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Ladybowhunter Congrads to your dad on the successfull hunt!!! If he was out to take any deer that walks up and the law allows it then what does it matter if they bucks or doe??? They were deer bottom line all he needed to know is he had deer in range not what sex they were. I don't get it some people are horn hunters and others like myself are not, and if someone shots a doe or small buck they the horn hunters say you should let the bucks grow up that is there opinion not mine and the law allows me to take any deer with my tags. Though if he was in fact hunting doe and just waiting on big daddy to walk by then Luke has a point in making sure of your target, but by your post I don't feel this is the case and he done exactly what I would have done, This is what I say &quot;if it's brown it's down&quot;.
Again Gongrads on the deer and hope you get somemore!!!
Old 11-10-2002, 08:50 AM

Lady, Congratulations no matter what some of the scum around here say. Just because they were buttons does not mean they were 4-6 month old bucks. You just can't tell sometimes.

Has anyone here come up with a recipe for the rack of a buck? I haven't and that's why I don't hunt for trophies. I hunt for meat. When I figure out to cook that 8 points rack so its edible I'll be a trophy hunter like the rest of you.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Redbow; Wouldnt this be exactly the right place to post on the internet regarding a hunting mistake? It does say below the topic forum for bowhunting&quot; and learn how to be a better bowhunter&quot;.

Quick Reply: 2 Minutes - 2 Button Bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.