Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i need expandables >

i need expandables

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i need expandables

Old 09-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i need expandables

I dont know much about hunting, so I dont post alot(check that..... AT ALL). But, I do know alot about golf. Tiger Woods did play nike clubs due to his contract. He switched back to a Titleist 975D because he could not hit the Nike driver, and lost money because of it. So to think that someone would not use something they are payed to use, doesnt really add up.

I would skip the expandables as well. One more moving part to break. In my short but all too funny hunting career, I have learned the K.I.S.S. technique. Keep It Simple Stupid.Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, why would you want USED (dull?) broadheads? and second, I dont think anyone is paying any hunter a tenth of what tiger is making by playing nike clubs, or driving a buick.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont think Flip is comming back......shame on us all [>:]
Old 09-06-2006, 09:05 AM

i check this everyday, ive just chosen to not post because seems like anything i say is wrong, so im sorry to everyone. take care

Old 09-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Not to be synical, but I have a question.......Why?? You hunting turkeys alot?
Heck, I have switched to mechanicals for every thing, except on my trad bows. I shoot deer, hog, and turkey with mechanicals. I prefer them in all my bows with training wheels. I switched kicking and screaming though. But have found no problems with anyone Ive ever used. Never lost an animal yet. I average 3 deer a year and lots of hogs. Last year I took 7 hogs with Nap spitfires.Not one did I have to track. Any broadhead in atuned bow, and tuned arrow, will do the trick. As for my traditional gear, I stick with fixed, due to the lack of speed.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Like I've said before if you hear a guy say, I use machanicals and I havn't had any problems yet, yet is the key word. (Because it's only a matter of time) I used them for4 years and only had two problems with them and shoot two deer a year. Thatsa pretty good record, but, not good enough when your taking a live animal. I had a Teyken II not open up at all, made a bullet hole in the deer, went through her hart at 10 yards and didn't leave a blood trail. (WOW) Jackhammer hit bone and went in about an inch and wounded a nice buck. Only two problems but that is toooooo many.

Why use a expandable when there are more durable fixed blade heads that fly like field points out there right now! I don't get it. Just listen to these peoples experiences about expandables, thats what these forums are for to learn from others. I know you all have heard the bad stories about them....learn from that and don't use them.

Try stingers if you want a strong sharp head that flies like a field tipe...oh and tune your bow...that helps
Old 09-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used spitfire 100's for years and they do the job. Never had one not open. I guess some mechanical broadheads can defect but I haven't had that problem, YET. It's just a persons choice, just like me shooting a PSE and someone else shooting a Matthews. Mechanicals can be just as deadly as fixed blades.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Flip820

i check this everyday, ive just chosen to not post because seems like anything i say is wrong, so im sorry to everyone. take care
Not everything you say is wrong, you just pulled out your club in the third post of this thread and so everyone else decided to do it too! Alot of forums out there in the internet world are poorly moderated and can be very harsh and no friends are made at all. Some you go into and people are all but killing each other and they have the Idea that a thread is "their" thread and can put the smack on anyone who post. But with this one flip is is very well organized and moderated. We are all, well most good posting friends and try to talk nice. If you come in here with the I don't need to be your friend post the guys will sure give it to ya! However if you just try and play nice and build bridges within the groups you can get a wealth of help. Not trying to come down on ya, just tryiong to help ya out. Also never heard back from ya on your last pm that I replied to?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

I've used spitfire 100's for years and they do the job. Never had one not open. I guess some mechanical broadheads can defect but I haven't had that problem, YET. It's just a persons choice, just like me shooting a PSE and someone else shooting a Matthews. Mechanicals can be just as deadly as fixed blades.
Yep, me too. I have used just about every type of broadhead in the last 25 years. I am a fond believer in the notion that any quality broadhead, shot with a well tunned bow, and placed in the right spot will do the job. I use both, and have no problem with either type. Heck, when i first started bow hunting, Bear two blades were all you could get. They did the job, and are sub par compared to todays standards. Big, bulky, a pain to tune, had to resharpen, planned out, etc. etc. But worked when used properly.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:07 PM

burnie, I have no doubts that mechanicals work well for you. Shoot, as many as there are to choose from, they MUST work to a degree or they wouldn't sell. I've seen many a deer killed w/ a rocket sidewinder, and I myself have killed a deer w/ an old Punchcutter (how many of ya'll remember those?)

I stick w/ my 2 previous points, however. MOST people use them as a bandaid for a tuning issue, and w/ all the outfitters out there, and even some states not allowing them, couple that w/ all of the fantastic fixed blade heads available now, and I personally see no reason to use them. But I have nothing negative to say about anyone who does either.

PS. I took no offense to flip's post, and actually found it quite humorous. While I agree he played his trump card a little early in the exchange, I hope he comes back, visits us, and even posts some replys now and again. We can all learn from each other. I'm not the end all of the archery world, there are many more out there w/ more experience and knowledge than I will ever have. To those of you whom jumped to my defense, know I appreciate it and was quite humbled to be referred to as a "respected archer and member." Ok, I'm done now......LET'S ALL GO KILL SOME DEER!!! And I don't give a flip (hahahaha) about what BH ya'll use. LOL.....

Quick Reply: i need expandables

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.