HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i need expandables
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:48 AM
tschammel
Fork Horn

Default RE: i need expandables

Like I've said before if you hear a guy say, I use machanicals and I havn't had any problems yet, yet is the key word. (Because it's only a matter of time) I used them for4 years and only had two problems with them and shoot two deer a year. Thatsa pretty good record, but, not good enough when your taking a live animal. I had a Teyken II not open up at all, made a bullet hole in the deer, went through her hart at 10 yards and didn't leave a blood trail. (WOW) Jackhammer hit bone and went in about an inch and wounded a nice buck. Only two problems but that is toooooo many.

Why use a expandable when there are more durable fixed blade heads that fly like field points out there right now! I don't get it. Just listen to these peoples experiences about expandables, thats what these forums are for to learn from others. I know you all have heard the bad stories about them....learn from that and don't use them.

Try stingers if you want a strong sharp head that flies like a field tipe...oh and tune your bow...that helps