Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i need expandables >

i need expandables

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i need expandables

Old 09-05-2006, 06:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: i need expandables

Not to start a fixed/expandable war......but I've been watching a LOT of guys on TV that hunt for a living switching to expandables.

They must not "suck" that much, huh?????

Jeff
Old 09-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Not to be synical, but I have a question.......Why?? You hunting turkeys alot?
YEAH Mobo what were you thinking asking such a rediculous question!!!

That makes about as much sense as him asking to buy used expandables totry, and saying he doesnt have an extra $80 bucks to go spend on broadheads he isnt sure he will like shooting. I dont know about you guys but I can buy a pack of broadheads and expandables for under $15 per pack for a decent brand, and cheap ones for under $10 per pack, look on Cabelas, they have some on sale for $8.

Flip ol buddy, try responding rationally and I would bet you get a much better field of responses bypeople that would help you out.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Not to start a fixed/expandable war......but I've been watching a LOT of guys on TV that hunt for a living switching to expandables.

They must not "suck" that much, huh?????

Jeff
Well, if someone pays your way as a sponsor to say that "X" brand is the latest and greatest in the world what would you say? Afterall, that's how they make their living---lying to the public.

Flip, I don't know of any broadheads that cost $80. Number one, you don't need a dozen, or even half dozen for that matter. Three is plenty. Not to pick you apart as you are new, and young, but the respect you recieve here is determined by the respect you show others.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't buy it, BGFisher.

Ask Tiger if he plays NIKE clubs because he thinks they're the best......or because they pay him to play them. I don't think a responsible TVhunter is going to go into the woods with equipment he feels is INFERIOR ......getting paid to shoot them, or not.

It's just my opinion.

Jeff
Old 09-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

1. I don't understand the reason of needing a bunch of used broadheads that you are going to waste money on, before buying ones you like. Just pick a good respectable head and go with it.

2. When asking for people to cut you deals, it is usually best to be polite and not act like a 6 year old.

3. If pretty much ANY head manufacturer out there wants to pay me enough money I will use thier heads.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Well....the difference, Rybo is.......These guys CAN use any head they want. ANY of the mfg's would pay them money(Just like any of the golf club mfg's would pay Tiger money). There's a reason they're using expandables. It may not be the one you and I THINK it is.....but there's a reason.

jeff

Old 09-05-2006, 04:59 PM

Wow, I needed a good laugh today, thanks!! Dude.....perhaps some Ridlin is in order or something......All I was merely asking was why you wished to try them.....If you hunt turkey alot, I can see that. Mechanicals are awesome for turkeys! They cut a big hole and burn alot of KE....And I'm not saying they don't work for deer, because they do. Period. BUT....with all of the quality fixed heads on the market, why switch? Most people, not saying you are included, so please don't eat me for lunch....but MOST people use them to cover up a tuning issue. Fixed blade heads exacerbate tuning issues, so they cover them up w/ mechanicals. That opens the door to lots of issues. Poor penetration being one of them.

Yes, TV personalities use them, and I don't really care what their reasons are. There are even more Outfitters that don't allow them, and that means more to me than what some sponsored dude on TV tells me....

Hey, if there is any other way I can be of service to you, please don't hesitate to simply ask. I'm here for ya! Let it out....together, we can get through these trying times.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

AMEN MOBO!!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:21 PM

You took that extremely well MOBOW.

Thats one reason that makes you a good member.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Sometimes it's hard to read emotions in a post. I think that happened with mo, and I feel the thread starter, started wrong.

SBGobbler, the way I read rybo's reply, it wasn't directed toward you but you defended your position in a correct way.

Anyway, I wonder about the original thread starters intentions. Suggestions by many of you would have been surfice to allowing me to pick a head without you sending me used ones. Many of you know what your talking about.

Quick Reply: i need expandables

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.