HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i need expandables
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 04:59 PM
mobow

Default RE: i need expandables

Wow, I needed a good laugh today, thanks!! Dude.....perhaps some Ridlin is in order or something......All I was merely asking was why you wished to try them.....If you hunt turkey alot, I can see that. Mechanicals are awesome for turkeys! They cut a big hole and burn alot of KE....And I'm not saying they don't work for deer, because they do. Period. BUT....with all of the quality fixed heads on the market, why switch? Most people, not saying you are included, so please don't eat me for lunch....but MOST people use them to cover up a tuning issue. Fixed blade heads exacerbate tuning issues, so they cover them up w/ mechanicals. That opens the door to lots of issues. Poor penetration being one of them.

Yes, TV personalities use them, and I don't really care what their reasons are. There are even more Outfitters that don't allow them, and that means more to me than what some sponsored dude on TV tells me....

Hey, if there is any other way I can be of service to you, please don't hesitate to simply ask. I'm here for ya! Let it out....together, we can get through these trying times.