Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunt with contacts
80.56%
Leave contacts at home and wear glasses
8.33%
Wear neither and hope you don't accidentally shoot the neighbor's cat
11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Contact Lenses

Old 08-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Contact Lenses

What do all of you fellow contact wearers do while hunting?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Contact Lenses

i voted c only because my eyes arent so bad i cant see with out them. i just need them when reading and such.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:40 PM

I wear my contacts all the time. Love em!! Bout wet myself when I read the third option...that, right there, is funny!!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont know what ill do...hate wearing glasses. my contacts bother me when i shoot. i went 19yrs without any correction...i might have to hope i dont shoot the neighbors cat if i cant get used to shooting with contacts in. my dad hunts with glasses and he can barely see out of them half the time. we hunt a spot thats ALWAYS foggy till 10am or so. so are his glasses! lol we will see im going to try to practice with them in and see if i cant get used to them
Old 08-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Contacts give me much better peripherall vision than glasses. The only problem is when the wind dries them out.. I need to carry eye drops w/ me.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

I can't do too much without my contacts. From driving a car, or walking, without them I'm blind.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

i had one fall out on the way to my stand in the morning before light. That was a crappy feeling, stupid twig smacked my facea pulled my contact out. Had to dig out my flashlight and find it, Thankfully that didnt take long and i had some water to clean it with and was ready to go without much issue.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

I wear contacts all the time. For the rest of you who don't wear glasses I would highly recommend getting a pair of safety glasses to walk to and from you stand in the dark. I learned he hard way and now I never enter the woods in the dark with out them. You may think it is stupid and I have had guys poke fun of it but without my eyes I can't shoot a bow. Just a little advice from a safety guy.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear my contacts all the time. I'll never take my glasses in the field (I don't take them anywhere) but I remember when I was about 12, it was really coldand my glasses fogged up and I missed some geese that were flying over. I vowed to myselft that woud NEVER happen again... and it hasn't.

ORIGINAL: Copper31

For the rest of you who don't wear glasses I would highly recommend getting a pair of safety glasses to walk to and from you stand in the dark. I learned he hard way and now I never enter the woods in the dark with out them. You may think it is stupid and I have had guys poke fun of it but without my eyes I can't shoot a bow.
Great advice copper, I do the same.