Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Anyone wear contact lenses?? >

Anyone wear contact lenses??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone wear contact lenses??

Old 06-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone wear contact lenses??

I've just started wearing contacts and when shooting have noticed that my pins have taken on a "halo" effect. I can't shoot worth a d*** with my bi-focals. I can shoot with my old mono-vision glasses and don't get the "halo", but my distance vision is notas good as with my new contacts. Ihave an Extreme RT900 sight with 0.019 pins. Has anyone else experienced this? And are there any suggestions as to solving the "halo" effect?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:21 AM

Default RE: Anyone wear contact lenses??

I shoot with contacts and never notice the halo effect until late at night when I'm getting tired and the contacts are starting to dry out. How long have you been using contacts? If they're pretty new to you maybe you should try going back to the eye doctor and see if there's another brand or size you can try that may fit your eyes better.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't wear contacts but in bright sunlight,most all pins get some sort of halo.The best color I have found for hunting and doesn't have the halo nearly as bad is the green.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only way I found around the halo effect - actually, in my case it was complete blur instead of halo - was to do away with sights altogether. I went back to shooting barebow and using a gap aiming system. Takes a bit more practice than using pins, but I can keep all my arrows inside the 10-ring on a McKenzie deer out to 30 yards, or 40 on a good day. Can't aim that way with a whisker biskit though, because you have to judge your gaps off the point of the arrow.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

i just wear glasses.....my contacts dry out way to fast as there is somewhat of a breeze always while i am hunting......i can shoot fairly well with my glasses on so i just keep them on
Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I wear them and don't notice any difference between them and my glasses.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

i couldnt shoot with my old contacts. they didnt fit right i dont think. id move my eye to shoot and the contact wouldnt move and i couldnt see. i have an astigmatism...its not terrrrible..but the DR said its enough for me to need glasses or contacts. actually never shot in glasses...i dont like wearing them.

just got my new year supply. they are the only ones approved to sleep in for 30days....boy do i love them. i havent taken them out in 8 days..i lied...yesterday the dr took them out and put them back in...said they were clean and clear for me being a landscaper...i just wash my eyes with solution once or twice a day. dont dry out...never feel them at all...can move my eyes any direction and i dont have a problem...20/20 vision...i love them. and no more putting them in at 6am....thats awesome.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear them when I target shoot but when i hunt for long periods. sighting becomes blurry also. i cant shoot with my glasses/bifocals for the life of me. luckily my vision isnt terrible and i am able to see without anything in at least for now.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:31 PM

Learn how to blink would be my suggestion. I started wearing contacts when I was about 15, 7 years ago. I remember the first day I got them they would fall out everytime I watched TV; needless to say they were also blurry. I wasn't blinking enough for some reason. Now, I don't even know they are in there.

Do you shoot with both eyes open? I would suggest trying to focus more on the target rather than the pin. I started shooting this way and improved my accuracy a great bit. Of course, the pin is going to be even blurrier this way but you should at least try it.

Acuvue advance with hydraclear are some really good contacts. Get a trial pair and try them.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to go back to the doc and tell him/her your problem. Things like that can usually be fixed by tweaking the size, brand, etc.

Quick Reply: Anyone wear contact lenses??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.