Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just took a bowhunter education course >

Just took a bowhunter education course

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just took a bowhunter education course

Old 08-06-2006, 02:54 PM

Default Just took a bowhunter education course

I wasnt looking forward to this, but needed it to purchase some out of state bow tags (22 states now require an out of stater to have this).

Although the target audience was new or inexperienced bowhunters, it was actually a very good course to take. I think we sometimes get caught up in the latest and greatest things and new techniques, and it was nice to refresh the mind with some of the basic foundations of bowhunting. Things that are so basic that those of us with experience may even forget about them. Even though I dont have kids and was there alone, there were a number of fathers there with their 10-15 year old sonsor daughters, discussing things, working on questions and answers together, and giving high fives when they each passed the exam.

Pretty cool.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:59 PM

Default RE: Just took a bowhunter education course

That is great MNpurple. Glad you enjoyed the course. I am a Bow Ed instructor here in PA. And 99% of our students are guys like you who take the course because they need the certification. to hunt in another state. More often than not they come in thinking they know pretty much everything. But when they leave those same guys always seem to comment on how much they learned. It just shows you know matter how much you know or think you know there is always more to learn.