Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 July 25th, Enigma Anyone? >

July 25th, Enigma Anyone?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

July 25th, Enigma Anyone?

Old 07-25-2006, 02:21 PM

Default July 25th, Enigma Anyone?

Isnt today the release day? I looked on the site and nothing new.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: July 25th, Enigma Anyone?

I talked/met with Chuck Sunday on his way to set up for a Denton Hill outdoor thing. With him he had one set of bdu pants, bdu jacket and a bowhunters jacket. I handled the cloths and I have to tell you, the Wolfskin material is amazing. He poured water onto the cloths and the water beaded up like a new car...and poured right off leaving the cloth dry. The pattern is like it is on the Enigma homepage under products but of course, true to scale unlike that picture. He had his young son put the jacket on and walk across the parking lot and I was shocked as the boy walked away, he simply appeared to disappear from the waiste up. I'm not talking invisible but as he entered the grass his outline was gone and I had was impressed with the camo effect the digitalization had on the eyes.

The clothing is being made as wel speak/type and Chuck is so very busy. They had 20 hours in just those 3 pieces of clothing from his trip to Wisconson....orders can be placed and I know you want to see product and pictures. As soon as I have my cloths I promise pictures out the ying yang....all shapes, sizes, backgrounds and camo comparisons. The camo I have to test it with is MOBU, RT X brown and green, ASAT, Predator and more.

No prices are available and although today is the 25th, Chuck asked us to be patient. Those that know him know what a stand up guy he is and he's busting his hump.....
Old 07-25-2006, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the update. I cant wait to see it. As you can tell im antsy and excited...haha. How do you place orders and such?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:32 PM

Rob, I'm sure you will, but when you do your review include the quality and craftsmanship of the clothing as well. How well the buttons are sewn on, the seams, zippers, that kind of thing. I'm always interested in knowing that. Nothing I hate more than buying "good" clothing only to have it fall apart.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

and lets not forget quietness. There isn't much I hate worse than a great pattern on a noisy jacket for bowhunting
Old 07-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hazcon, even though I've obviously never seen this Enigma stuff, I have felt of the Wolfskin. It's amazing stuff, and extremely quiet. It's kind of got a texture like a microfiber... I think Antler Eater has a full set of camo in it too, if you want his opinion on the quietness factor.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

You now have my undivided attention!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, this was the first time I ever felt Wolfskin, it was very soft and quiet, My wife said it reminder her of a flannel but water resistant. I couldn't believe the water beaded up on it when he cupped the cloth and then the water rolled off yet it's breathable. I've heard people speak or I've read of Wolfskin and how amazing it is but now after feeling it, I too believe it's one of the best cloths available for camo.

I was told also that the bdu pants will come in 3 styles. The top of the line will have reinforced crotch and knees with the bdu pockets (6) with buttons. There is velcro waist size adjustment under the belt line which cannot come undone once placed as well as velcro around the angles for a nice tight fit for inside boots or loose for outside boots. I liked that feature.

The jackets as well had velcro around the wrists for a nice fit around gloves and tight for the bow arm to get the fabric/bulk out of the way of a bow string...I also like this.

The collars where rounded to give a nice cover for the neck on cold days and snug fit if needed on windy days.

Chuck really thought the clothing line out, regardless of what one might think of the camo pattern which I found intriguing as the his son walked away and he blurred to the background...kinda played tricks on the eyes....the clothing itself is outstanding.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me the fabric that camo is made of is more important than the camo pattern although I have to admit I am more fond of open patterns.

I was trying to think how long I have had the wolfskin products. Perhaps seven years I don't know. It is good stuff. Smoother texture than fleece but not soft or as quiet. Don't get me wrong it isn't noisey andcertainly no comparison in the water repellent department. I wouldn't call it waterproof but it will repel a lot of water before saturation occurs. It also resists fading to a great extent. For the most part it is burr resistant also.
For as smooth as it feels it is pretty tough too. I have never ripped any on thorns or brush but I have torn some crossing barbed wire (what else is new, there has not been one fabric I have not torn on those cotton picking fences).