Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why is my Moultrie Camera doing this? >

Why is my Moultrie Camera doing this?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why is my Moultrie Camera doing this?

Old 07-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Why is my Moultrie Camera doing this?

Some of my pictures that I'm getting back from my Moultrie Digital 1.3 are real white as if its to bright in the picture. How do you fix this? (Heres a pic of what it's doing)
Old 07-23-2006, 11:31 PM

Default RE: Why is my Moultrie Camera doing this?

Over-exposure. Either the camera's lensis in direct sunlight (most likely) or it is overexposing because whatever it is focusing on is shadowed/shaded from the bright sunlight (might be).

Check the time stamp and see if it consistantlyhappens at a specific time of day. Then either change it's position or the direction it's aiming enough to get out of the light, etc. Do a test shot if you can. You caould also try seeing if you can trip it standing infront of it, but moving before it goes off to replicate the photo. But I think it just needs it's position adjusted.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:34 PM

Just looked at it again.

Definitly overexposure. Is that 6am or 6pm?
Looks like you are getting alot of sunlight shining almost right into the lens.
It needs to be repositioned to eliminate that. Or you need to make a shade for the camera to keep that direct light out.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:11 AM

Hey Patroit,
I have a Moultrie and I get some pics like this as well.
Mine is a 3.1 and I am on another forum where a couple people have been having probs with Moultries as well. it is a software problem that Moultrie will fix for free.Mostly this problem causes completely white photos.
Check that cam is facing north, I find having mine a little higher in tree and angled down also helps....jam a stick or wedge behind cam to angle.
Hope it helps.

KPR
Old 07-24-2006, 04:58 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: litekpr

Hey Patroit,
I have a Moultrie and I get some pics like this as well.
Mine is a 3.1 and I am on another forum where a couple people have been having probs with Moultries as well. it is a software problem that Moultrie will fix for free.Mostly this problem causes completely white photos.
Check that cam is facing north, I find having mine a little higher in tree and angled down also helps....jam a stick or wedge behind cam to angle.
Hope it helps.

KPR
Mine does this frequently , how do you get Moultrie to fix the problem ? Do you have to send the camera to them ?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

My suggestion would have been the same as wayomic, but it looks as though the cam may have problems as litekpr stated. Get in touch with them, there should be a toll free # to call in your paperwork.

Kevin- They said they wouldn't fix yours. They said you should send your camera to me.[8D]
Old 07-24-2006, 10:24 AM

Sorry my cam is actually a version 4.7....
The number for Moultrie is on your instructions and mine has a sticker inside the door as well.they are located in Alabama and you shouldn't experience the border probs I did with returning mine.
May want to experiment with the cam as well, facing it north for pics and the tilt when fastened to the tree, I found this to be of help with my first few tries and non-related issues with some of the pics as well.
It made quite a differance....trial and error, being digital, it only costs a little time...lol...good luck.

KPR
Old 07-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

I had one doing the same thing. The problem is that the cam is using the flash when there is enough light already there, causing the whiteout of the pic.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:14 PM

This is the kind of fade problem I have been having.
There is two white buckets to the left of the bear but notice the trees aboe are also faded,I don't think it was caused by the buckets.
My cams flash has completely packed it in after over 1000 pics and will only work (the cam) on the security setting that requires no flash.
I am told by Moultrie that it is a software problem and they will fix it for free.
The majority of timeit would take excellant pics.

Yes you have to ship the camera to them, when you call they will provide all the needed instructions, from Canada it takes 5 weeks snail mail, mine will go via courier to be back in time for bear season.

KPR
Old 07-24-2006, 08:56 PM
CDG

MIne does the same thing. No matter where you put it, it wont take pics in the day. They are total white out. Takes excellent pics at night/early mornin.Guess that the difference between a $100 cam and a $400 cam?

Quick Reply: Why is my Moultrie Camera doing this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.