Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit making noise??? >

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Old 07-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

I use Easton Axis 400 with my WB no problems with biscuit noise!!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

I'm sure this has been touched upon before so i appologize for the repetiveness. My buddy uses a WB and loves it but it makes a screaching noise when he draws back. How can this be cured? He heard about spraying teflon on his arrows but i wanted to check on here for ideas. Thanks alot guys.

Zach
Maybe it's the type of arrows he is using...I don't know. I shoot with a WB and it's quiet. I am shooting Beman ICS 340 Camo Hunters. Is it an older style Buscuit? If it's the all black one then they tended to be slightly louder until they were shot a few times and "broken in" so to speak. The bristles on the all black Biscuits are stiffer than the new brown and black Biscuits. It could be a lot of different things causing the noise.

I do know that if the opening is too small (wrong size) or if it's out of tuneit will make more noise. It appearsSBGobblerswould like you to believe these things aren't important but they are.

As with ANY rest on the market today, you can't just slap it on and expect it towork to it's optimum performance. You need to adjust and fine tune it.

There are many many deer killed at very close ranges with Whisker Biscuit rests so they do work. Do somedigging and I'm sure you will find out the cause of the noise. Teflon spray while it may work is just a temp fix, he needs to find out why it's making noise.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:47 PM

My wb makes the same noise but i listened to my friends dropaway and his also made a dragging noise.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:23 PM

Spray them w/ Carolina's waterproofing agent and the noise is gone. And your buscuits will last longer...
Old 07-18-2006, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

There will be people here that will tell you that he doesn't have the right size......doesn't have it tuned.....is a dumbaxx.....etc.....

BUT.....

I quit using the WB for this EXACT reason. I usecarbon arrows.....and I'd worked hard to get my stand NINE YARDS from a good, active srape. When the 6-pointer I was drawing down on heard the arrow come back through the WB....he went on full alert. I tried one other time to draw on him....but the WB was making a VERY slight "dragging" sound (like a straw broom on a concrete floor)....and I WAS right on top of him.

I went and had a drop away put on THAT DAY.

I've been called everything from someone who knows nothing.....to an idiot by members of this forum......but I was the only one there. I know what happened.

i have NOTHING against the WB.....as it's on my son's Illusion, right now. It's just not for me.....for this ONE reason.

Jeff

What does your arrow drag across and make no noise when you draw with a drop away?
Old 07-18-2006, 06:14 PM

I do use the X-weave radial hunter arrows and they are loud! I take you've experienced the same thing??
Old 07-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

x weaves are terrible with wb's

Old 07-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

I was using aluminums and getting some noise. Switched to Beman ICS Hunters and no noise no mo'. You do need to make sure you are using the right size biscuit. It should be a loose fit. My buddy's son had one and it had too small of a biscuit and it definitely made noise.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Banned

Once again another reason to shoot the Trophy Taker drop away; silent, dependable, and NO FLETCHING CONTACT!!!HCH
Old 07-18-2006, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Once again another reason to shoot the Trophy Taker drop away; silent, dependable, and NO FLETCHING CONTACT!!!HCH
What does the arrow drag against when drawing with a Trophy Taker?

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.