Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit making noise??? >

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Old 07-27-2006, 09:38 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I always get a kick out of these guys that say "For shooting 3D or target practice I shoot a dropaway as I like to be accurate but when I hunt I use the WB".

Never seen anyone say that..............seems to me that you like to interpret what you read into what you think it "really" means. You had a little trouble with the user reviews of the Trophy Taker too.

If you can't draw a bow smoothly and fear having an arrow fall off of your rest than you need practice more and quit making excuses why a drop away isn't any good for hunting.

Once again you should really try reading what people are typing because that is not what they are saying at all.

Plain and simple; if you want a rest that provides extreme accuracy, allows any type of fletching to be used on an arrow due to the fact that there is no fletching contact, is extremely quiet, durable, and foolproof; get a trophy Taker or any of the other great drop aways on the market.
Plain and simple; if you want a rest that provides extreme accuracy, allows any type of fletching to be used on an arrow, is extremely quiet, durable, and foolproof; get a Whisker Biscuit.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Some observations from seeing literally 100's at my local shop in the past 5 years:

-Just about all the WB users I knowwho use the same bow for huntingand 3D, leave the WB on year round.
-The only noise I ever hear from one is when using a camo or similarly coated arrow. My ACC's are quiet.
-Straight or offset fletching typically shows little or no wear.
-Seen dozens of bows shot thru the crono before and after WB install - never more than a 3fps difference.
-Extremely rare to see someone go back or to a different hunting rest
[align=center]AND![/align][align=center][/align][align=left]Accurate? Jim Despart shot a 300 60X Nfaa rd - didn't hurt him![/align][align=left][/align][align=left]WB for everybody? Certainley not - BUT a darn fine rest for those who wish to use it and holds it own with any other.[/align][align=left]JMO[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Steve[/align]

QUOTE OF THE YEAR AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

...AND... the original question was....
I'm sure this has been touched upon before so i appologize for the repetiveness. My buddy uses a WB and loves it but it makes a screaching noise when he draws back. How can this be cured? He heard about spraying teflon on his arrows but i wanted to check on here for ideas. Thanks alot guys.
..and all we've gotte for answers are, "It's the greatest"... "It doesn't make noise"... "All my friends and all the people in the universe shoot it without noise". As the man stated in his last sentence... "Thanks alot guys".[8D][8D][8D][8D] GOd loves a smart azzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Well geez David...........what do you want people to say when someone asks how to quiet a rest that they shoot and don't think needs it.

If someone asked you how to quiet a MZE and yours was very quiet what would you say? You would say "Try any of the things out there like moleskin or whatever but you shouldn't need to quiet it down.......I shoot one and it is very quiet.......better check your setup to be sure that's not the issue"

The answer to that question is the same for EVERY rest.......try the sound lowering options available and check you rig to be sure that is not the problem...........what other option is there?
Old 07-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Site Bouncer

If you can't draw a bow smoothly and fear having an arrow fall off of your rest than you need practice more and quit making excuses why a drop away isn't any good for hunting.
If you think hunters like the full containment aspect of the Whisker Biscuit because it prevents the arrow from falling off while being drawn you need to do a little more research on the subject of full containment rests.

I like the full containment aspect for stalking purposes, I like the fact that I can leave the bow in my hand resting the limbs on my knees while sitting in my tree stand and never need to even think about where my arrow is when it's time to draw. I can move the bow around with no noise, I can set it down and the arrow is still there. Lots of other reasons.

The last thing I worry about is my form but thanks for being concerned.

For the record I never said a drop away wasn't good for hunting, I simply feel the Whisker Biscuit is hands down better suited forthat use.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

Gotta love these WB threads. The WB is not for everybody just like one brand of bow or sight or whatever other piece of equipment and thank goodness for that. I think if everyone shot one I'd have to shoot something else just to break things up. For myself, its proved to be a very good rest. Yes, I was getting noise with aluminum arrows (which I prefer) but switched to carbons and have gotten no noise with the brand I'm shooting. And while I prefer aluminum arrows, I have been pleased with the carbons. I imagine there are some carbons that would make noise, I just haven't had any that do. Well, I have had some noise with the WB.... arrows shooting into the end of other arrows. Kind of an odd noise but not one I expect a deer to hear.

OMG..............it appears my luck is not as good as I thought. We didn't happen to get the only 5 quiet WB's in the world.

SeveBNy has seen 100's..................which made me think maybe they only ship the quiet ones to NY........still pretty lucky though. Now I see all kinds of guys from different states chiming in and I guess getting a quiet WB is not such an odd occurrence after all.

Darn it.........I was just gonna run out and get some lottery tickets
Old 07-27-2006, 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

If you think hunters like the full containment aspect of the Whisker Biscuit because it prevents the arrow from falling off while being drawn you need to do a little more research on the subject of full containment rests.

The last thing I worry about is my form but thanks for being concerned.