Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit making noise??? >

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Old 07-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Old 07-22-2006, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I quit using the WB for this EXACT reason. I usecarbon arrows.....and I'd worked hard to get my stand NINE YARDS from a good, active srape. When the 6-pointer I was drawing down on heard the arrow come back through the WB....he went on full alert. I tried one other time to draw on him....but the WB was making a VERY slight "dragging" sound (like a straw broom on a concrete floor)....and I WAS right on top of him.

I went and had a drop away put on THAT DAY.
But you have since said that you had to modify the drop away due to noise..........so how did this solve your problem?

I have NOTHING against the WB.....as it's on my son's Illusion, right now. It's just not for me.....for this ONE reason.

Jeff
So a tiny perceived noise from a WB is intollerable but the same thing from a drop away is OK?? Doesn't make sense.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Once again another reason to shoot the Trophy Taker drop away; silent, dependable, and NO FLETCHING CONTACT!!!HCH
What does the arrow drag against when drawing with a Trophy Taker?
Moleskin HCH

This is the part that always makes me laugh.........I love watching people invent reasons why they don't like a WB. This is one of my favorites. "It makes noise".........stop the presses!!! An arrow rest makes noise when an arrow is dragged over it for 2 feet???.......In other shocking news.......water is wet. EVERY rest will have a sound coming from it when you drag an arrow over it.........all of the sudden it is unacceptable coming from a WB?? I have shot many different arrows of all kinds of finishes through WB's for over 3 years now and NEVER noticed a sound I would be concerned about when hunting. In the 3 years I have used the WB and a bunch of different arrows not even one of the six deer I killed even twitched when I drew on them........farthest kill was 20 yards......closest was 13.........feet. I don't see how sound could be an issue with this rest.......not one of any concern at least.

I am just busting your guys bells on this one............please don't take this personally.......I just found it funny that both guys complaining about noise from a WB have their drop aways coated with mole skin.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

I stopped usin the biscuit. it tour but vanes to much. i had to replace them once a month.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

"I'm sure this has been touched upon before so i appologize for the repetiveness. My buddy uses a WB and loves it but it makes a screaching noise when he draws back. How can this be cured? He heard about spraying teflon on his arrows but i wanted to check on here for ideas. Thanks alot guys."

"This is the part that always makes me laugh.........I love watching people invent reasons why they don't like a WB."

Hey atlasman, here's the original post and the guy apologises for asking it again since he knows it's been mentioned many times before. How is this an invention of some kind? It's brought up almost weekly. Glad you like your WB but facts are facts and it is a fact that many people think there is a problem with the noise coming from a WB. Just what a week or so and it will be asked again.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Fork Horn

I personally don't like WB for the simple reason they don't work well with Quickspin vanes. I am sure someone on here is going to post next yelling that they work great with quickspins. I also had noise with mine. I never got mine into the woods the noise was bad enough on the range for me to remove it and put on a trophy taker shakey hunter. Yes I got mine covered in moleskin and it is very very quiet. I loved the idea of the WB andthe not having to worry about the arrow falling off the rest but since they came out with the arrow holders that mount to the shelf of the bow and totally holds the arrow I will never look at another WB. This is all my own personal opionions and my own personal abservations. To each his own and I wish them the best of luck with them, But it drop away all the way for me.

Trytan
Old 07-23-2006, 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: nodog

"I'm sure this has been touched upon before so i appologize for the repetiveness. My buddy uses a WB and loves it but it makes a screaching noise when he draws back. How can this be cured? He heard about spraying teflon on his arrows but i wanted to check on here for ideas. Thanks alot guys."

"This is the part that always makes me laugh.........I love watching people invent reasons why they don't like a WB."

Hey atlasman, here's the original post and the guy apologises for asking it again since he knows it's been mentioned many times before. How is this an invention of some kind? It's brought up almost weekly. Glad you like your WB but facts are facts and it is a fact that many people think there is a problem with the noise coming from a WB. Just what a week or so and it will be asked again.

Read what I wrote........I wasn't talking to the original poster.

Saying a rest makes noise when an arrow gets dragged over it is like saying grass is green..........it is not unique to the WB or any other rest for that matter. The arrow has to drag over something during the draw cycle and the friction it encounters will emit some level of sound........that is just a fact. If it is a problem for you then you must find a way to eliminate this friction........mole skin, fork tamers, sprays, etc.

When you say you won't shoot a WB due to sound issues........but then go out and modify another rest to make it more quiet......then yes it is an invention........because the other rest you bought isn't any quieter.......the modification is...........you just chose to modify the other rest and not the WB.

Just like seeing people say they won't shoot a WB because it "slows" their arrow down............then they post a picture of their rig with peep tubing on it and all kinds of other junk on the string..............it's more perception then reality.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:04 AM

I hate the WB. I drags for me. jmho
Old 07-23-2006, 07:10 AM

ORIGINAL: trytan74

I personally don't like WB for the simple reason they don't work well with Quickspin vanes.
Never used Quickspins so I can't comment on them. I fletch all my own arrows with 2" Blazers...........great vanes, good price. I do know that if I had a vane issue I would change vanes before I changed rests........but that's just me.

What was it about the Quick Spins that "didn't work"??

I also had noise with mine. I never got mine into the woods the noise was bad enough on the range for me to remove it and put on a trophy taker shakey hunter. Yes I got mine covered in moleskin and it is very very quiet.
Just a question...........Why were you willing to modify the drop away........but not the WB?

I loved the idea of the WB andthe not having to worry about the arrow falling off the rest but since they came out with the arrow holders that mount to the shelf of the bow and totally holds the arrow I will never look at another WB.
I had a drop away with the arrow holder on the riser shelf...........didn't work for me. I don't like hanging my bow on the tree. I don't like all the movement it takes to reach for it and get ready. I like to lay my bow arcross my Summit front rail and then just pick up and shoot when the time comes. This caused multiple problems with the drop away arrow holder. First of all it bounced out several times just picking up my bow and rattled off the riser.........thankfully never when I was looking at a deer........but I felt like I had to be careful with it to keep it contained. Then the constant side weight of the arrow plus moisture I guess just made the adhesive come loose and the whole thing fell off one day in my stand. That's all trouble I don't need in the woods. For years now my bow is not even in my mind when I am in my stand. I am so sure I can depend on it I don't even think about it. I just nock an arrow and lay it across my rail. If I am fortunate enough to get a chance at a deer the only time my focus leaves the animal is to clip on my release to the loop. My bow is ready in 2 seconds with hardly any movement on my part......the draw is smooth and quiet........and the accuracy is deadly. What else is there?

I like drop away rests.........but for hunting the WB is a far superior option IMO.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Hog Killer

I stopped usin the biscuit. it tour but vanes to much. i had to replace them once a month.
Your WB was not setup properly. A poorly tuned rest of any kind will cause vane damage. I did a backyard experiment with pictures of vanes shot from the same WB in tune...........and out of tune. The vanes damage was directly proportional to the degree the rest was out of tune.

I fletch all my own arrows and I shoot a lot..........the only time I have to change them is when I get bored with the colors............or when they are blood stained

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.