Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit making noise??? >

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Old 07-18-2006, 11:22 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Solid teflon coated plastic?

If I remember right.

Correct or no, HCH?
Old 07-19-2006, 05:39 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Once again another reason to shoot the Trophy Taker drop away; silent, dependable, and NO FLETCHING CONTACT!!!HCH
What does the arrow drag against when drawing with a Trophy Taker?
Moleskin HCH

Old 07-19-2006, 05:48 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: wayomic

Solid teflon coated plastic?

If I remember right.

Correct or no, HCH?
Metal; no plastic. Moleskin applied .HCH

Old 07-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Howler:

I'm not setting my son up. He's 14 yrs old.....and the containment aspect of the WB far outweighs the stealth benefits that the drop away holds.....for HIM. Had it not been SOOOOOO quiet in the woods that day.....I may still have one on my bow, too.

I'm not one to typically set my son up for failure. You obviously know me NOT.

Jeff
Old 07-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Dominant Buck

BigJ:

I never said they weren't important (My you WB guys are a "touchy" lot, aren't you.....).Defensive?????

What I WAS saying is......there will be "some" people that will tell you that ANYTHING other than your WB is making noise.....is the problem. I KNOW I had the right size WB. I know I had it tuned, correctly. I know mine.....and EVERY ONE I'VE EVER SEEN/HEARD has made noise.

That's all.

Jeff
Old 07-19-2006, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had the same problem with my old WB, what i did was took my dremel with a sanding stone and sanded some of the gunk that was around the hold, this helped a bit but not good enough. I tried teflon on my arrows, only a temp. solution. SoI bought a new one. Heres a tip, if you wear face paint. make sure your hands are clean before you handle your arrows and other equipment. Face paint will dry to your WB.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spray them w/ Carolina's waterproofing agent and the noise is gone. And your buscuits will last longer...

exactly that is the whole solution they sell it in the cabelas archery catalog
Old 07-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Dominant Buck

A tiny bit of moleskin that I applied. It's 100% stealth.

In ALL honesty.....I also knew that ....at "some" point.....I'd switch or, at least, TRY a drop away. I wanted to shoot in some 3D shoots....and drop away rests are VASTLY predominant in that arena. So....that fact made switching easier, too.

Jeff
p.s. I ALSO shoot Radial X-weaves
Old 07-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Banned

This is my boy with his 1st deer at age 11 taken with a Trophy Taker. If he can hunt without a full containment arrow rest anybody can. Noise when drawing an arrow is not tolerable when hunting. That's why my whole family shoots a Trophy Taker. We can shoot feathers, blasers, whatever and don't have to worry about noise or fletching contact.We don't have to worry about cock feather position like a prong rest requires either.What I don't understand is that on all of these WB threads one guy states that his is the quietest rest on the market and then another guy says that his doesn't tear up fletches and than some other guy says as long as he shoots blasers through his it is OK and than somebody else says he can shoot any feather through his WB and they all work with no fletching damage and than we get guys who say they tear them up and are noisey to draw an arrow through. Last I knew a WB is a WB is a WB. How do all these guys get different results? One of the great wonders of the world I guess. Stick with the drop aways; nothing to not like and no different stories. They just work; period.HCH
Old 07-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the help guys, i'll be sure to let him know.

Zach

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.