Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So how do you like Wal Mart now? >

So how do you like Wal Mart now?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So how do you like Wal Mart now?

Old 04-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So how do you like Wal Mart now?

My whole point to posting this is that apparently we as hunters (& fishermen) don't fit into the new "image" that Wal Mart is trying to portray. So, therefore I will not support them in the future. I never have bought my hunting supplies there, most of the limited amount of stuff I saw in there I felt was inferior to the products that you typically see from a dealer or even BPS or Cabelas especially the clothing. We will never get to purchase 100% American made as far as most of our hunting stuff is concerned. I don't like it but that's the facts.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:56 PM
G5

My whole point to posting this is that apparently we as hunters (& fishermen) don't fit into the new "image" that Wal Mart is trying to portray.
This may be the dumbest statement i have heard yet. They are not trying to portray an image against hunting. it is called marketing. Obviously a wal-mart in the country of Arkansas is going to sell more hunting supplies than than a Wal-Mart in downtown chicago. And as far as an image goes Wal-Mart has became the company that it is through one hell of marketing scheem (you have product we will tell you how much it will sell for) that being said the name WAL-MART is enough of a so called image. Do you really think Primos, M.A.D., Kolpin and other Wal-Mart sponsored companies are fretting this movement. Not likely, Be pissed off at wal-mart all you want for not selling hunting supplies in the closes store near you. but this in fact is no different than your local archery shop closing down because he doesnt have enough buisiness to pay his bills, just on a bigger scale
Old 04-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look G5, I'm just telling you what the 20 year Wal Mart associate told me that works at the sporting goods counter. He flat out said that they are changing the image of their stores (albiet you are correct about it primarily being in the suburban/city areas) to be more upscale and that didn't include guns and or hunting/fishing supplies. I live in one of the top hunting states in the country and Metropolitan area in the state. Hunting is huge in the DFW area. So far everyone that I have talked to in different areas around here have stated that the guns are gone. Look at the other posts on here, it's happening all over the place. It doesn't affect me personally because I don't buy my hunting stuff there anyway, I just know a lot of people who do and I thought they might appreciate hearing what is going on.

Call it what you want but I call it a slap in the face to hunters and fishermen.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

PETA is a big supporter of Walmart and I do believe a shareholder, if I'm not mistaken! Think about that while your saving you few dollars while strolling the aisle at your superstores!! [:'(] Walmart can bite the big one! JMO!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:08 PM
G5

would you tell the store owner of where you do buy your hunting equipment, he was slapping you in the face because he had to shut down due to lack of buisiness? would you really say that wal-mart is slapping hunters and fishermen in the face for donating the amount of money they do to the sport, or for FLW, educational purposes or any of the other major organizations they have donated to. Go ask a local shop in an area where wal-mart is no longer selling hunting and fishing goods if they are slapping him in the face.Where did they ever say that they were a store based on hunting and fishing? I am not saying that im happy about wal-mart pulling hunting products from some of their shelves, i am not distraught about this either. you call it a slap in the face, i call it running a buisiness. if it were my job to make that call you can bet your a$$ i would make it the same. for 2 main reasons. A- i am a hunter and root for little hunting shops to make it in this dog eat dog world we live in.B- in that position i would understand, sourcing, product development, marketing and sales. knowing these figures would influence my decisions. This is also anyones perfect opportunity to own a shop, now it just got easier to price compete in these areas. so as you see it as a slap in the face to hunters and fishermen across the world i am seeing it as win win situation.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:16 PM

whats a guy to do? Target is anti-gun as is K-Mart. Go to a ma and pa and you pay 20% more and fellows, with gas prices etc sky high I have to save money everywhere I can.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can certainly see your point about opening opportunities for other retailers in the market, so I guess that may be able to be seen as a positive. I just see it as the loss of another source for hunting supplies and if it were truly for the reasons stated, then I take offense. I wonder what will happen to their sponsorship in the FLW? Will it suffer too? Maybe it is a matter of economics in some areas, but they have had guns in all of the stores around here for as long as I can remember. Seems strange that it took them this long to figure out that they weren't making money on guns and hunting related sales.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: NCYankee

ORIGINAL: fastfire

They will not even miss you.
Unfortunately, you're right...but I'd rather spend my money at smaller, locally owned stores. Those people support my business, so I reciprocate! If it costs me a few extra bucks so be it!
I wish there were more people like you where i live...

i HATE walmart...
Old 04-03-2006, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Walmart can bite the big one!
My feelings exactly!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats a "walmart"?

Quick Reply: So how do you like Wal Mart now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.