Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 shot one ( cant find it any ideas?) >

shot one ( cant find it any ideas?)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shot one ( cant find it any ideas?)

Old 01-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: shot one ( cant find it any ideas?)

well I have have shot a buck were there was a lot of blood and hair and I it hit right on. but you could have hit her low or in a muscle because it will clot up after awhile.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with what saltflats G-paw says, I shot a doe in the butt this year with my muzzleloader( don't ask) and tracked her for 2 miles. I did hit the artery and there was loads of blood.While I was tracking her Ispotted her and another doe walking in a field. I left went and got my stand from my tree and called my hunting buddy to come help. I also calledmy neighbor who owns the field to get permission to get on his property. All this took about 2 hours then we started tracking. I mademarks along the blood trail through the woods and came to a field that she ran across. Picked up the blood trail across the field, and there she was low and behold with another doe walking to a bedding area. We watched her for about an hour and decided to move in on her and to get ready for a shot. I stepped two feet into the thick broomsswitch and they both took of like bats out of hell. I ended up not giving up and finding the bloodtrail again and saw where she ran down the center of a creek and there was a spot where she laid down in the creek. I ended up finding her in some really thick brush. I had to shoot again as she jumped up to run off. I will say that I did keep find clots in most of the puddles where she laid down. Good Luck and do not give up, you owe it to that doe to not let here become coyote dinner.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:24 PM

my dad shot at a doe this year and we started tracking her and we have massive amount of blood. Then we found her bedded down about 80yrds away. we got to about 10yrds of her and she took off leavin very little blood, we never found her cause my dad gave up, one thing that i read a couple days later is that a deer could lose 30 to 40 percent of its blood and still continue on its way, so just because u have good blood to begin with dont mean they will go down shortly.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

well did you ever find it