Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Be good to your land owners!!! >

Be good to your land owners!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be good to your land owners!!!

Old 12-23-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Be good to your land owners!!!

I was out bow hunting tonight when i heard the dreaded sound of the farmers tractor. It was an awesome 40 degrees today and i was not seen any deer. As the machine came closer it pushed 4 deer right by me, a buck in the bunch, that were not stopping for the life of um. Any way the farmer was pullin branches and fallen wood out of his hay field and my hunt was shot. It was still an hour to dark as i figured that i would do my duty and see if he needed any help. He told me even before i started workin with him that next year my bro and i would have sole privilage to the land, its almost 120 acres of farm and woods in southeast wisconsin. There are usually about 20 guys who get permits to hunt there, and now its just us. Not to mention that the farmer doesnt hunt any more and we can hunt in his stands. We now get all the land and about 7 set stands to hunt in proven areas!! All for helping out and respecting the land and the landowners wishes. We also take a stick of sausage to him every year....Venison sauage that is.

Just a reminder to be nice to those land owners!!
Happy Holidays to all!
Theinespines
Old 12-23-2005, 10:24 PM

Default RE: Be good to your land owners!!!

O'ya you gotta take care of the property owners out there who let us hunt on their land. I just dropped off Christmas presents today at the landowners place were I hunt. A good spot to hunt is priceless and it's great to have them! Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-24-2005, 12:17 AM

I agree, I take all kinds of goodies to the landowner where I hunt. I take jerky, saugage and roasts. I always offer any part of the deer he wants. He always declines but I take him stuff anyway. Keep them happy because they're doing you a favor by letting you hunt. It takes years to get a good place to hunt and seconds to lose it. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:37 AM

I totally agree you should always show your appreciation to these guys for their willingness to let us hunt their land.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

I alway offer to share.Most decline to accept, but appreciate the offer. But when they do accept, they usally ask for the backstrap. Take the good with the bad.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

-My favorite story: I was picking up trash after turkey hunting a VA farm for the first time. The local deer crowd had littered the parking area in a pasture withfast food leavings. The farmer comes up on a tractor and asks what I'm doing... Two years later on a visit, he told me that he's leased out the farm to another gun club, but he toldhis leasees thatthis guy from MD can bowhunt and turkey hunt anytime he wants...
-I'vevisitedmy8landowners this xmasand dropped off cards and tokens of appreciation. Come March, the wife and I will drop off maple syrup we help make inHighland Co, Va. Be courteous, respectful, and helpful - there are too many idiots with guns and bows out there that areruining it for us who care.
-fsh