HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Be good to your land owners!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Theinespines3

Default Be good to your land owners!!!

I was out bow hunting tonight when i heard the dreaded sound of the farmers tractor. It was an awesome 40 degrees today and i was not seen any deer. As the machine came closer it pushed 4 deer right by me, a buck in the bunch, that were not stopping for the life of um. Any way the farmer was pullin branches and fallen wood out of his hay field and my hunt was shot. It was still an hour to dark as i figured that i would do my duty and see if he needed any help. He told me even before i started workin with him that next year my bro and i would have sole privilage to the land, its almost 120 acres of farm and woods in southeast wisconsin. There are usually about 20 guys who get permits to hunt there, and now its just us. Not to mention that the farmer doesnt hunt any more and we can hunt in his stands. We now get all the land and about 7 set stands to hunt in proven areas!! All for helping out and respecting the land and the landowners wishes. We also take a stick of sausage to him every year....Venison sauage that is.

Just a reminder to be nice to those land owners!!
Happy Holidays to all!
Theinespines