Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

finding owners of land

Old 10-29-2002, 08:09 PM

Default finding owners of land

I found this piece of property where im from and im really interested in finding who owns it and its not forsale. Is there a site i could go to. any ideas would help.

you start hunting and you suck, you keep doing it till you dont suck
Old 10-29-2002, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: finding owners of land

I am not sure of online. But the rural municpal or land titles office can give you the name and location he/she lives. I have RM maps of my areas, I know who owns what, where they live, etc. When the land changes ownership I just mark his/her name on my map and their location. It comes in handy.

Old 10-29-2002, 09:10 PM

The local Farm Bureau or Soil and Water Conservation Office would be good places to start. Tell them that you would like to purchase a county plat book. A plat book will have detailed maps of the county including property boundaries and landowner names.

---
Live: Oregon, IL
Hunt: Knox County, IL
Old 10-29-2002, 09:26 PM

Ok sven is right about the plat map but they are expensive for what you get. try a timber management co. to run you a copy of the page you need . first you need to know were the property is such as township, range and section. if you can find a corner of the property there is usually a metal marker with it on it. once you get the plat copy and find the property the owners name will be on the property on the map. now it only gives a name. and sometimes this has changed due to sale or death. call the county assesors office for that county or who ever handles property taxes for the county. ask for a owners info. and give them the township,range and section and listed owners name. they can give you a name and address for the owner but not a phone number ( at least in arkansas). you can then either write the owner but i have found a search for a phone number and a call work better.
i have leased alot of property this way . good luck

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL
Old 10-29-2002, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The assesors office has a section map if you know the area at all it isn't hard to find who owns a piece of property . They will also make you a plot map of the area showing property owners for a small fee . We can also access this on our computer , maybe the local county assesors office might have the same service where you live .
Old 10-30-2002, 01:13 AM

Go to google search and type 'real property'. Look for your state. Then you type in your county. Then you type in a road name. It lists every single land owner on that road. What the address is and how many acres they have. It works for my state. Dont know about your state. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-30-2002, 10:30 PM

Those "plot "maps are platt maps. countys have them printed out and sale them . around here they are $35.00 alot of money for a black and white map with nothing but lines and names. no terrain features other than roads and creeks or large bodies of water.
yes the info is free but most countys want money for the maps. and legally your not supposed to copy platts but timber companys do for leases to show what you leased.

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL
Old 10-30-2002, 10:57 PM

http://www.marcelinemapping.com/
these people may be able to help you find the right book you need.

SOUTH ARKANSAS REBEL
Old 10-31-2002, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Try a realtor. Everyone knows one. They usually have county maps showing all land owners with plat maps for the county. The maps are usually updated every 6 to 12 months. There is a service called "Specprint" which povides the book of maps to realtors here in Maryland. Don't know if such exists for you. Very expensive so borrow one if you can.

Quick Reply: finding owners of land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.