Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

climbing stands

Old 10-03-2002, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default climbing stands

I'm getting some age on me and looking for easier way to climb trees. I have checked on some climbers and I like timbertall's baby lite, it weighs only 11 lbs, but it costs a lot, has anybody tried it. What do you suggest. Old Coot
Old 10-04-2002, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: climbing stands

Summit makes the best climbers on the market, in my opinion. I have used a bunch of differnt climbers and have found the Summit line to be the most stable, user friendly, quiet and comfortable stands I have ever used.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 10-04-2002, 06:37 AM

I could be wrong, because I have not seen it, but I don't know if I would want an 11 lb climber. Take a good look at the summit line. My viper is perfect for me, but you can trim some weight, and the wrap around bar if you don't like it, by going with the cobra or bushmaster.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Tree lounge is the best one made. It only weighs 19lbs.
Old 10-07-2002, 08:54 PM

Except for the price,it's hard to look past the Lone Wolf climbers.They are made from poured aluminum,so there are no joints,weld,or tubes to make noise.They are also very light and have a built in bow holder.I use an Ol'Man Vision,and I guess I like it but i'm not real good at setting up a climber correctly yet.It will come with a bit of practice.Problem is I have a new climbing stick and love it.Takes me right up to my API fixed stands.

Visit me at www.ATVTime.com!
Old 10-08-2002, 12:17 AM
Fork Horn

If you plan on putting your stand in and leaving it for a while then I'd say stick with Summit or API and dont worry about the weight. They're affordable and comfortable.

If you're going to move your stand every other day or pack it in and out each day then go with Lone Wolf. I have a Lone Wolf Alpha hand climber and I love it. Solid poured aluminum that doesnt go "ding!" like hollow tubing (baby lite)so it's quiet, no creaks or squeeks. It's light and feels like nothing on my back, my heels dont hit it when I step through the weeds and it doesnt catch on the branches over my head. The cheapest place I've found them is at autumnchase.com

good luck

Cargo
Old 10-08-2002, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Martin,
Instead of the Baby Lite look at the Brute Lite. It's only a couple of pounds more but nearly $100 less. I have the Brute Lite. You know what I like the most about it? It doesn't weigh 20 lbs or more like some of the others mentioned.

Old 10-08-2002, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

api has very nice stands