Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail Cams

Old 12-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trail Cams

I'm thinking about buying a scouting camera. I have my eye on the Non-Typical Deer Cam for $100. Does anybody have one of those? I'd just buy a Cuddeback but their a little too much. Those new Wildlife Eye's that they use on Drury Outdoors are pretty cool but I don't have a video camera.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail Cams

I have the earlier DC200, same as the one you are looking at, just last years model. I love it. Easy to setup and use, good battery life, good trigger speed. I have gotten almost zero "empty" pictures and have gotten tons of good pictures.

Old 12-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks thats what I wanted to hear, I'll probably buy one after christmas.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM

Yep hold out till after christmas or the season for that mater. Stuff gets cheap then.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:31 PM

Getting a Racktracker Digital by H.S. for Christmas, will let you all know how it works
Old 12-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would save up the money to get a digital. It will save you money in the long run. No film to buy and get processed just buy a couple memory cards and swap them in and out. I just bought a Moultrie 200 digital yesterday for $166 shipped. It is 3.1 megapixels plus has temperature, moon phase, and time imprinted on the photo.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Digital is the better way in the long run, however one common complaint I have heard (some first hand some second hand) about digital versions is the trigger speed is slow. My cousin went through 3 different Digital ones until he settled on the cuddleback which he loves. His "criteria" was setting it up in his yard and having his son walk slowly across infront of it. In some cases they got a picture of nothing cause the trigger speed was so slow. The cuddleback he likes, but its a few hundred.

In my case, the film processing is worth it, I have never gotten more than 15 pictures leaving it out for a full week. We just don't have the deer population to get the 100's of pictures some folks get. At $2-$3/roll to get developed (I now only use 12 exposure rolls) I don't mind it.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a CUDDE and it has worked perfectly so far--many,many pictures on the first set of batteries(during warm weather)--put the second set of batteries in it during rifle season,so we'll see how long they last in the cold.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Stealth Cam and it works okay, good pictures if you dump corn out to get the deer to stop in front of it, otherwise it usually doesnt get pics of deer walking by the camera or you just get a pic of a hind quarter. I would definately go with a Cudde if I had the money.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

I also have Cuddebacks. Yeah they do cost more but, lthink you get what you pay for too. I bought my first one 2 yrs ago and saved up to buy the newest one this year. I just love them and I get lots of great pictures.

Quick Reply: Trail Cams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.