Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Diamond compound, made by Bowtech ? >

Diamond compound, made by Bowtech ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond compound, made by Bowtech ?

Old 12-19-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Diamond compound, made by Bowtech ?

Does anyone own a Diamond compound made by Bowtech, if so can you list some pros and cons.

Thank you
Brad
Ohio
Old 12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diamond compound, made by Bowtech ?

Yes they are and they are usually a couple of year old technolagy(sp).
Old 12-19-2005, 08:18 AM

I bought a Diamond Rapture to hunt with this season. I like the bow and have nothing bad to say about it. It seems as accurate, quiet, and fast as any other brand. Have robin-hooded several arrows and killed 2 deer with it. I will probably be using this bow for several more seasons. Diamond makes another bow that i actually thought shot smoother, but it is more expensive. Shoot all there bows and compare them to the feel of other brands. I dont think you willregret itif you buy one.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

I have a victory,everything is awesome about it.Speed,quiet,no handshock,accurate,well balanced.I don't know how far behind in technology it is,but it is a very nice bow,and will stand right up with any bow anyone else is shooting on here.70#..30" draw...375gr arrow(27.5" maxima 350 w/100gr tip)...290fps on average(CHRONOED).I shot 1 robinhood @30yds,and 1 doe at 15yds.Now for the3 things I must say.

#1..It has a very hard cam such as the bowtechs.It has a bolt that stops the cam,which makes for the hardest wall on the market.It will take some getting used to.The cam wants to go,and you have to learn not to let your pulling arm relax to much,or she will go.That is where the speed comes from.

#2..The little spider type silencers will get caught in the string,and pull their tentacles off.No difference in the shooting,or silencing capabilities though.

#3..As hard as the cam is I would recommend putting some serveanchor glue on the ends of the string,and serving.

If you like the way it feels at full draw you will have no problems with it.I was used to the bows that have a more defined valley.I like it now though.It is a great bow,and there are others that are worth checkin out.In the end it is what feels right to you.However I would make sure I got the quietest one that felt right to me.I don't thinkit would let you down though.Hope I helped.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:48 AM

The '05 Diamonds used '04 Bowtech technology so no real loss there when you consider their price.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:08 AM

Thank you all for your helpfull info, sound like a decent bow. I got the top of the line accessories to add to it, all for $643.00.

Brad
Ohio