Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 BowTech -  Difference -- Diamond Edge Compound Package vs. Razor Edge? >

BowTech - Difference -- Diamond Edge Compound Package vs. Razor Edge?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

BowTech - Difference -- Diamond Edge Compound Package vs. Razor Edge?

Old 02-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default BowTech - Difference -- Diamond Edge Compound Package vs. Razor Edge?

What is the differencebetweenthe Diamond Edge Compound Package and the Diamond Razor Edge, other than the "package?"Links to Gander and Cabela's below.I think you need to send the DiamondEdgeback for a weight range updatewhere as the Razor Edge you just adjust the bolts. I was also told thatone of these models is/will be discontinued.Not sure which one. This bow is for a12 yr old, draw length 26, anddraw weight ~32. Plan to move into deer hunting with it.

Diamond Edge Compound Package - 29#, 40#, 50# PEAK DRAW WEIGHT -- NOW $247.49[/b]

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=402013&pdesc=Diamond_Edge_Compou nd_Bow&cname=Youth-Small-Frame-Bows-Accessories&aID=503J1B&merchID=4006&r= view

Diamond Razor Edge- Draw Weights 29, 60 -- $329.99
http://www.diamondarchery.com/bow_razoredge.php

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=NXTTATOV3IVNXLAQBBKCCN3MCAEFKI WE?id=0066885418752a&type=product&cmCat=SE ARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=36&Ntt=mathews&Ntk=Pro ducts&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D %3Asort=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fc abelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_requestid=69608
Old 02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BowTech - Difference -- Diamond Edge Compound Package vs. Razor Edge?

My first time posting here after a long absence.

Here's my take on the difference, starting with the Razor Edge. There are two choices for draw weight ranges, 20-29 lbs and 50-60 lb. It's possible that the Razor Edge might go a few hairs below 50, but not many.

The previous Edge has ranges of 20-29, 30-40 and 40-50. If you start with 40# limbs, you could change them out later for a mild cost (if the parts remain available.)
Old 02-16-2009, 09:58 PM
LY

Default RE: BowTech - Difference -- Diamond Edge Compound Package vs. Razor Edge?

I just picked up a Diamond brochure/catalog today and was reading up on the Razor Edge for a possible bow for my 11yr old daughter.

One thing that caught my eye was the following statement, "With two peak draw weight versions available and the ability to back down 50%, the Razor Edge can cover a range from 15 to 60 pounds."

That is straight out of their brochure, 3rd sentence. So according to this, it looks like the 29lb limbs will go down to 15lbs and the 60lb limbs will go down to 30lbs (or 50%).

If this is true and I guess it is, then if you got the 60lbs limbs you wouldn't need to change out the limbs as they grow. I'll definitely be checking this out for conformation, as this will be a great deal for anyone with kids.

LY
Old 02-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys - I amzeroing in on BowTech'sRazor Edge, Parker's Side-Kick andMathew's Mission Menance. Still have some homework to do.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

The edge was available in 10 pound increments (20-30, 30-40, 40-50)and draw length range of 18-28 inches.

The razor edge is available in 15-30 and 30-60 pound draw weights and draw length of 19-29 inches. It's a heck of a lot faster also. I chronographed one set at 29" and 60# and it shot a 350 grain arrow at 291 fps.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is correct. I just bought my gf her first bow and I bought her a Razor Edge. She is 24 and could only draw back 26 pds, so I bought the 15-29 pd model. I told her she needs to eat her wheaties. So once she builds up her strength I will then buy her the 30-60 pd. limbs and work from there. She wants to hunt, so I told her to work at it as you need to draw 35 pds. in Pa. in order to be legal. Awesome little bow for the money. She is very happy.

Shane

ORIGINAL: LY

I just picked up a Diamond brochure/catalog today and was reading up on the Razor Edge for a possible bow for my 11yr old daughter.

One thing that caught my eye was the following statement, "With two peak draw weight versions available and the ability to back down 50%, the Razor Edge can cover a range from 15 to 60 pounds."

That is straight out of their brochure, 3rd sentence. So according to this, it looks like the 29lb limbs will go down to 15lbs and the 60lb limbs will go down to 30lbs (or 50%).

If this is true and I guess it is, then if you got the 60lbs limbs you wouldn't need to change out the limbs as they grow. I'll definitely be checking this out for conformation, as this will be a great deal for anyone with kids.

LY