HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Diamond compound, made by Bowtech ?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 07:31 PM
ranchand99
Typical Buck

Default RE: Diamond compound, made by Bowtech ?

I have a victory,everything is awesome about it.Speed,quiet,no handshock,accurate,well balanced.I don't know how far behind in technology it is,but it is a very nice bow,and will stand right up with any bow anyone else is shooting on here.70#..30" draw...375gr arrow(27.5" maxima 350 w/100gr tip)...290fps on average(CHRONOED).I shot 1 robinhood @30yds,and 1 doe at 15yds.Now for the3 things I must say.

#1..It has a very hard cam such as the bowtechs.It has a bolt that stops the cam,which makes for the hardest wall on the market.It will take some getting used to.The cam wants to go,and you have to learn not to let your pulling arm relax to much,or she will go.That is where the speed comes from.

#2..The little spider type silencers will get caught in the string,and pull their tentacles off.No difference in the shooting,or silencing capabilities though.

#3..As hard as the cam is I would recommend putting some serveanchor glue on the ends of the string,and serving.

If you like the way it feels at full draw you will have no problems with it.I was used to the bows that have a more defined valley.I like it now though.It is a great bow,and there are others that are worth checkin out.In the end it is what feels right to you.However I would make sure I got the quietest one that felt right to me.I don't thinkit would let you down though.Hope I helped.