Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which Bowtech/Diamond Bow? >

Which Bowtech/Diamond Bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Bowtech/Diamond Bow?

Old 05-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which Bowtech/Diamond Bow?

I've been wanting a new Bowtech for quite a while now. Well it looks like the time has about come for me to get one. Im gonna go shoot several hopefully this week but its a good ways away, there arent any pro shops locally.

Here what the got- Old stock Bowtech liberty or New Diamond Liberty for right at $510. Very good price.

Or Bowtech tribute or alligence for $700. Or I suppose I could get any of the Diamond line bows for roughly over $500.

I told the guy over the phone that I was particually interested in the liberty bow, BUT he said the higher priced Bowtech tribute or alligance used the binary cam setup and they would shoot 40 fps faster and smoother. Im not sure I believe this.

Im gonna go shoot and I guess which ever one I like the best I'll get, but If I could save $200 by going with the Diamond line or the closeout bowtech liberty I would love to save the money.

Any opinions? Or maybe the strengths and weaknesses of each?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Bowtech/Diamond Bow?

BTW, the bowtech site says the liberty is the smoothest bow you'll ever shoot. Thats why I am leanign toward it.

Or the Victory sounds good.

Im wanting a really smooth bow that accursate, if its super fast, thats cool. But Im not gonna get caught up in the "MY bow shoots faster than yours" kinda thing.

Old 05-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

40 fps is a fallacy, to be sure. Do they (the binaries) offer advantages? Sure, but not THAT much in fps.

If you're looking for super-smooth, I'd go with the Liberty; it was "bow-of-the-year" by several magazines a couple years ago for a very good reason.If you'd prefer as smooth as possible without losing as much speed, I'd go with the Diamond Victory.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

The liberty has a bigger brace height so it would be a little slower but still has good stats.. I would go with the victory. I believe it is the same as a bowtech patriot and they are quite a bit faster with the 7" brace height but it still forgiving. I have two patriots and I love them.

rick

Old 05-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Hmm, decisions, decisions!

I guess which ever I choose will probably be a very good bow, We'll see when I shoot them I guess.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:14 PM

I know little about Bowtech specifically, but Greg/Mo and DaveC are quite knowledgeable of them. Greg wouldn't lead you astray.

I do know about buying bows, though. First things first.....Set your price limit and stick to it. If all you've got to spend is $500, then that's all you got. Now, if $700 isn't an issue, the best thing to do is just what you said you were going to do. Shoot them all and decide which one you want. Having knowledge of the bows you are looking at is good, you can ask questions and such, but don't decide what you want before you walk in the door. The Diamond might suit you better, or the Liberty, Allegiance, whatever.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

There is nothing wrong with the Diamond line. The Diamond Liberty is a sweet bow, thinking of one for next year. At my draw length (27") I know I'll loose some speed but am looking at it for smoothness for more of a target bow.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:20 PM

I have a 2005 liberty and it shoots like a dream. Quiet, smooth and shock free. Pretty much all you can ask for in a great hunting bow.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the Diamond bows are what your budget allows then don't feel short changed at all. I had a Patriot as my last bow and had to sell it to pay for my new equalizer and I know how nice of a bow that was. If you like the feel of the Diamond when you test them realize you are getting Bowtech quality. Next year I will likely buy another bow as backup and it will either be another Patriot or a Diamond.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot a Diamond Victory and I'm very pleased with it. it is VERY smooth, quiet, and vibration free. I don't know what kind of speeds I'm getting but I do know it is plenty fast.

Quick Reply: Which Bowtech/Diamond Bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.