Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 underground tunnel system >

underground tunnel system

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

underground tunnel system

Old 12-02-2005, 11:35 PM

Default RE: underground tunnel system

Right on brother...it's men like you who allow the rest of us slobs to enjoy the freedoms that we do! HOOOAAAAAH!!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

that I will do! Wont be long I will be home again!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

now is the time i like to think OUT OF THE BOX. I'm gonna scout some ravines on the public land i hunt. nobody hunts these areas as much as the low flats. my moms boyfriend said they may be a good spot to take a peak cause they can shield the deer from the cold winds on certain days. plus stalking keeps me warmer this time of year. stalked the other day in this swamp i hunt AROUND. kicked up a doe, had the sites right in front of her and thought, u idiot your in the middle of a swamp over a mile from the car. well never squeezed and watched her bound slowly through the shin deep mud and water to cover. ain't huntin great guys. good luck to all and keep warm if you can.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:27 AM

Well here in illinois the second shotgun season is going on now.I actually seen some deer out in the open yesterday on my way home from work.The rut is still going on here because of the numbers of deer here.I actually look forward to the rest of bow season after the shotgun season's are over.I have until Jan 15th to tag out.So next week I will be back in the woods and back after any of the 3 bucks I have been chasing all season long.So far no one has taken any of them.Lucky me I guess.The temps keep falling and I just buy more stuff to keep me warm.Good luck to those of us who are willing to freeze our butts off to stay out in the woods in hopes of getting a shot at those smart old men of the forests and fields.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

yeah I know what ya mean about the 3:30 thing especially when your snuggled up to the misses. But you cant get em in the bed. Ive had a pretty good season this yr. Ive killed 2 with the bow and 3 with the rifle. I went tonight with my boy and set up near him in hopes to get a decent buck. Right on the edge of dark three doe came in and we decided to let em walk. I think the deer are more catious and nocturnal but they have to eat and drink. So if you can find a water hole or food, im sure youll see something soon. plus about the middle of dec the ones that didnt come into rut,... will. thats what im waiting for. plus around that time rifle seasonwill be over and I get use whatI feel best with. The BOW... GOOD LUCK