Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel >

Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel

Old 03-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel

Ever had one of those days? We got 6 inches of snow today, I was 30 minutes late for work. Worked all day outside and had wet feet from the beginning, then right before I left they asked me to work late. I said no, my feet are wet and cold and I don't want to. I have a 1 and a half hour drive to and from work, so I get 30 minutes away from work and my truck tire blows! So I pull off on a side road which is all snow covered and begin to change my tire. Of course the junk jack that they supply you with in the truck wouldn't lift the truck, so I had to shove a piece of firewood, that I had thrown in for some extra weight, under the truck and take the jack back out and find something to set the jack on to get the 2 extra inches that I needed. I found a wood post standing along side of the road and pulled it out of the ground to put under the jack. UUUUHHHG after 45 minutes of jacking around and getting soaked to my grungies I got my tire changed. When I got home, my wife tells me that the dryer quit and its going to cost 275$ to fix it. The stupid thing is only 4 yrs old. So after doing some chores I went and bought a new set of tires and a dryer. I swear, if it weren't for the fact that Oct 1 is coming up I don't know how I ever make it through. Well that might be a little over the top but....you know what I mean.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel

Man sounds like u had a rough day[&:]Yes that snow was a killer they cancelled most of the schools because of it. Which was good for me because i got to sleep inbut im still waitin on oct. 1st like everyone else surely is lol
Old 03-21-2006, 09:19 PM

$275 for a dryer is cheaper than her running off with a younger guy with better tires on his truck. sometimes the glass is half full, sometimes it's half empty. a year from now you'll laugh,eat and be merry.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:46 PM

Bad day for sure, at the end of it all were you sitting next to your wife all warm and comfy??

Things could be a lot worse.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:20 PM

pj, ya bad day, don't want to hijack your thread.
my day could have been better also! as iowadear says 1/2 full, or it could always be worse!
i heard last sat. a good friend of mine(brother i never had) was coming through the area this week. and then going to northern cali. for his retirement as he was working the last 30 years for! i thought man i hadn't seen him since sept. i hope he stops by. well he did today on my lunch hour. he was the passenger in a unkown truck? driver got out and helped my buddy out of the pass. side. as i opened the door to let them in....i didn't even reconize my buddy! he was yellow skinned and eyes discolored suken in. and was about 75 lbs, not 190 like i remembered. he was going to cali, but only for a short stay with his brother as his cancer has came back and took over his body![&o]the docs told him to enjoy the last days he has left.he flys out sat. he told me i hope i make it to see doug! man this is hard!......
so we talked about elk hunting and good times, then he says , i want you to have my old p.s.e. take a deer with it for me! then it was silent for a while, and he say well i got to go to lunch, i helped him up and he says ....... "I guess i will see you on the other side"[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]
remember all it could always be worse! ronnie