Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 underground tunnel system >

underground tunnel system

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

underground tunnel system

Old 12-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default underground tunnel system

Yep it's that time of year. They've gone underground!! The dog days of gun season in NY! 10 more days of gun season and seeing the critters during the day are few and far between. They are pretty much nocturnal. Mentally and physically exhausted from the countless hours of scouting, stand locations, trimming, bow season, miles walked to stands, and gun season. Something keeps driving me to the woods though. It's getting to that point where the bed looks pretty good at 3:30am rather than the blustery snow, 20 degree temps, and 15-25mph winds[:-]. Havent' seen much of anything in the past few days and everyday it gets more and more hopeless for seeing deer during the day especially a mature buck. Oh well......keep on keeping on I guess. It only takes a minute for it all to change.
Anyone else find that you are fighting with yourself towards the last week of the season?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: underground tunnel system

No , if anything I want to go out more since the opportunity to hunt at all is fading fast .
Old 12-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yea, after this last weekend I said to myself I dought if I will go anymore this yearbut either way it ends Dec 31 as we loose our property
Old 12-02-2005, 04:33 PM
Spike

Yeah, I'm in NY too and it seems they have all disappeared. I was out before 6 this morning and already tracks were showing they left the feeding areas and were headed to their bedding areas ( where I don't have access ). It's kind of frustrating getting up so early and having been beat already.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean. Down here in PA they are all nocturnal. Unless the hunters are out and about pushing them around, sitting in a stand just doesn't work. I'm thinking I should try some still hunting with my bow to see if I can sneak up on them in the fresh snow...but that could prove to be a challenge in itself. Only one more week though, and the the orange brigade will be gone and hopefully they will begin to move a little more. Too bad a lot of the deer will already be shot.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:16 PM

I just made up my mind to stay out of the woods during gun season this year...it's driving me CRAZY, but being out there and seeing all the idiotic things some hunters are doing is worse. I'm going to give it a week or 10 days to cool down, and then start hunting like crazy again. First time in a loooong time I haven't hunted gun season, but the property I hunt just isn't that big, and there was going to bea TON of pressure on it this week. (sigh) I hope that big 8, the smaller 10, and "snaggle rack" make it through the week...even if I don't get a shot at them, I hope I see them healthy. MAN it's nice when you're tagged out before gun season. [&o]
Old 12-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, it seems to be the same here in SE Pa. This weather around here sucks!! If it's not too hot it's too friggen windy,we can't win! I hunted ALL day Mon,Tue andWed seeing one single doe. We have high winds as I type this and they are supposed to remain somewhat tomarrow.[&o]I would rather hunt in the rain. It can only get better because it couldn't be much worse.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

No , if anything I want to go out more since the opportunity to hunt at all is fading fast .
I hear ya, I got out of my stand tonight and when I got to my truck the Term said 9 degrees! ya gotta love it!
Old 12-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

wish i could be there to not even see much, I would love just to sit in the woods!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:02 PM

keep your chin up JL (and your head down). we're thinking of you and appreciate you.

Quick Reply: underground tunnel system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.