Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting?? >

Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??

Old 11-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??

To go back 20 years knowing what i know now........I would be the most loved/hated boy in school! .......LMAO Mathewsboy I didnt read far enough
Old 11-23-2005, 08:17 AM

i used to be whipped into not being able to do what i wanted but then bow season came around and things changed. i told her how things were going to beand now i get to hunt every weekend and see my buds and ride more often. and shes still around too. let them know what you need to do and if they dont understand then they are not worth it.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm working on it. I don't take advantage, I balance things out. She tells me she never stopped me from hunting or fishing, and I don't do either excessively (ok, thats all I ever talk about, but that isn't getting out and doing it...) Butthen I get the "sure, you'd rather go hunting than (shop, hang out, go for a drive, fill in the blank) with me"after getting out a few times. If she ever said its me or hunting/fishing, I'd be saying goodbye for sure.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:39 AM

Not yet.I have 90 some days to hunt out of 365.Take out work,weather and other engagements it doesn't leave alot. The ones that are left aremine and she seems to agree.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll let you know on Jan 16th.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:59 AM

I wouldnt ask my husband to choose..I just wouldnt. I knew when we met that he hunted and fished..I have huntedand fished some with him. I enjoy cooking it all..deer, turkey, etc..etc..we get the oldest son involved and cook, try new recipes and take pictures and laugh and sometimes listen to a few choice words..I know his hunting buddies...where his stand is..guys and gals at the DNR..etc etc..Because I CHOOSE to know..Yes,. there are times I wish he were here..but I tell you.I KNOW what hes hunting and it aint another woman..I know where hes roaming..it aint the bar..and I know where his money goes..it aint on another woman either..When he works, he works hard and when he plays he plays hard...Sounds like you have a control freakor someone who is imature...Oh, Ive had my fits...and hes done the same..its all good..it really is..WITH THE RIGHT PERSON! Good luck...be true to you but dont be selfish! Good Luck!
Old 11-24-2005, 10:35 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I think it would be interesting for everyone to post their age, their true age with their replies, I bet we would see a trend.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

when i got married i had to adapt a lil bit but i knew what i was getting into....now the shoe is on the other foot...i hunt waaaaaaaaaaay more than he does.....i tell him it's his fault cause he's the one who got me hooked.