Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

1ST bow kill

Old 10-28-2005, 04:23 PM

Default 1ST bow kill

This past Monday I got my first bow kill. It was a doe. The shot was 17 yrds quartering away. I overcompensated for the angle and hit her a little too far back.I saw her run off with the arrow still in her.I waited two hours before looking for her becauseI knew the shot could have been better. Went to the last place I saw her and had good blood on the ground. My buddy and I tracked her for over two hours.Along the way we found my arrow broken in half at two differentlocations along the trail.At some points the blood was only very small drops, but we remained diligent, sometimes on our hands and knees. We marked the trail as we went and circled back as needed. Finally we found her. I was so happy to have recovered her. The shot passed through her intestines and liver. I missed the heart and lungs altogether. It was agreat day in the woods.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:28 PM

Default RE: 1ST bow kill

That's the way it's done! Wait the appropriate amount of time before picking up the trail, and never give up!! Nicely done!! Congrats.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:52 PM

That may be your first deer, but sounds like you are a helluva hunter! Nice job on waiting on an iffy hit...and way to keep on the trail and not give up. Congratulations...backstraps anyone????
Old 10-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go on the first bowkill and good tracking job.