Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 acorns...seein the deer in them? >

acorns...seein the deer in them?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

acorns...seein the deer in them?

Old 10-03-2005, 05:48 PM

Default acorns...seein the deer in them?

ive been at college...and this coming weekend is my first time out this year.....are the deer hitting the acorns yet??? if so evenings...or mornings....im a PA hunter...any help would be nice
Old 10-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: acorns...seein the deer in them?

Hey, i hunt in NE maryland so i dont know how close i am to you, but ive been seein deer at the acorns. We still got some standin corn down here so they are moving out of that in the early eve for the acorns. Id hunt acorns if i was you. Everything has been hittin them hard.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lots of acorns on the ground in my neck of the woods...too many actually to pattern the deer off of them. I don't know how much they are hitting them but the buck I shot this past weekend only had a belly full of corn.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Me and hunting buddy were talking about this subject this evening. He took a stroll through his 35 acre tract of land this evening and discovered that the oaks are falling, but the deer are hammering the crabapple thicket instead. There are some sweet apple trees strung through the thicket also, and they're hitting them hard. We figured it's because of the hot and dry weather we've been having. Any food with moisture, they're hitting hard. I don't knowabout anyone else, but the last time I bit into an acorn, it was pretty dry........I'd take an apple on a hot day for myself. ....

The deer in my spot saturday were hitting the little cherries falling from the cherry trees and the little grapes also. So keep an eye out for those too.

Just some food for thought.....

Mikey