Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 slick trick, fact or fiction >

slick trick, fact or fiction

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

slick trick, fact or fiction

Old 09-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: slick trick, fact or fiction

ORIGINAL: Oldhootowl

Hi, got a thoughtful email from Polkat, I appreciate that. Davidmil, you lost me there. I thought I said the 1" 100 and 125 4 blade Tricks were termed Standard because they cut the same size hole as 3 blade heads such as Thunderheads. And that the 1 1/8" 4 blade Tricks were termed Magnum because they blow bigger holes. Didn't think I ever said Thunderheads were substandard.
That's how I understood you.

When measuring broadheads,on a 4 blade like stated before you go from tip of one blade,to tip of the blade opposite from that one.Same for 2 blade.

On 3 blade heads this is how I do it.Ipush them through a piece of paper.Then remove the head,and slide the paper off of the arrow.Take a metal compass,and put it in the center,then make a circle by connecting the tips.The you measure from the tip of one blade,all the way straight across to the circle you have made.That is the cutting diameter.

My Rocky Mountain Titanium 100's have a 1 1/8" cutting diameter,but are 1" from the tip of one blade directly over to the tip of the next blade.Hope that helps.