Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 slick trick, fact or fiction >

slick trick, fact or fiction

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

slick trick, fact or fiction

Old 09-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: slick trick, fact or fiction

Polkat, #1 you do not measure a broadheads cutting diameter by measuring from one blade to another blade. It is measured, on a four blade head, from the tip of a blade across the furrel to the tip of the same blade. While I have not tried the "standard" heads with the 1" blades the "magnum" blades are exactly 1.125 inches wide.

Every single blade I have tested has shaved hair and is very sharp.I haven't found a dull one yet. Of course I am sure that one will slip out every now and then. Garry will make it right.

NAP nitron only came out last year where as the Slick trick has been out for 5 years now. So I think the Nitron would look like the slick trick. But I see no resemblance between the two at all. They are two completely different broadehads.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

The cutting diameter on the 85's which I used extensively last year is about 1/64th shy of an inch. The cutting diameter of the standard blades and the magnum blades is just about spot on. TheSlick Trick85s as well as the standard 100sprovide field point accuracy out to 45 yards at least. The Magnums are very close and farmore tighter than the Thunderheads or Muzzys or my previous favorite the Rocky ti100. Just shoot a group with the Thunderheads and the Standard blades out at 45 yards and you'll see right off. Now if you're shooting a faster setup, it'll show up at any distance.

For myself I prefer the 100 with the standard blades over the 85's because the cutting surface is a little longer on the 100s.

I have a buddy and he went to carbons and got the right cam and setup his bow rightand really increased the speed of his setup. A die hard Thunderhead shooter, as we all were. Well he can't group the Thunderheads now to save his life. Yet with field points he's tight. With the Slick Tricks with the standard blades, out of his setup, there is no difference in group size at 20 compared to field points.

Right at the moment I think the Slick Trick 100s and 125s with the standard blades are the overall best fixed heads out there, especially if you're shooting a faster setup.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:01 PM

Hi Ben and all, any questions email me on slicktrick.net, just don't have a lot of time to spend on the puter. There is an order form on there, I ship heads to guys in Hawaii as well as everywhere else, think they were shooting hogs also, and maybe goats or sheep?? Not sure if it takes more time to get there or not, I am not running credit cards, but for guys in the mainland if they place an order in their mailbox with a check I believe it will be back in their box in 7 days. Suspect mail is flown to Hawaii the same as in the states and it will take about the same. And let me repeat, if anybody is not satisfied in any way, I refuse to take their money unless they are satisfied, THANKS GARY
Old 09-03-2005, 12:05 AM
usa
Fork Horn

not familar with these head's,I'm shooting wac'ms and they are sharp and fly the same as my field tip's, their only drawback is price.$30 for a 3 pak
Old 09-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Dominant Buck

The 1" 4 blade heads are termed STANDARD because they blow the same size hole as the 3 blade fixed heads that guys are used to such as Thunderheads
Holy CRAP... I better apologize to the last 40 or so deer that died from my substandard Thunderheads since I started using them. It must have been a painful death, I mean....a couple might have gone 70 or 80 yards. And to think, all those arrows that stuck in the ground on the other side of the critters were really substandard. Sheesh.[&:]
Old 09-03-2005, 08:58 AM

david, i didn't see him ever say t'heads were substandard. why the attitude? lets not be smarty pants to the manufacturers who come on here to answer questions and offer money back guarantees. that's just not cool. lets not turn this great place into AT. i certainly wish parker had come on here and answered some of my issues, but did they - nope. i really appreciate it when they do, and i think others do too.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:25 AM

I for one am curious about these heads.I am a die hard thunderhead shooter but I am willing to give anything a try that will improve even a inch of accuracy at 40-50 yard range.I am sure I can find some close by.I will be heading out next weekend to get some hunting supllies and will let you all know what I think.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:03 PM

OK hold the phone, i found my error. the culpret of my missinformation.
the 85 gr broadheads do measure a full 1". my appolagys.
i have an old metal rule here that i use on all small measuring items. went to a friends the other day and we took the BH appart measured them and each blade measures an exact 1" on his tape measurer. then we measured them once we reenstalled them and still 1".
also we used two tape measurers doing this and they showed up to be 1".
my handy little metal ruler .....well made it to the handy little trash dispenser.
we then went out and shot them. geeez i burried my gt xt 5575 on a deer target all the way into the label that gt puts on their arrows. thats about 4" more then with field points.
and yes they do fly right with my field points so no tuning has to be done to my bow.
now im set and ready for bow season in about 2 weeks.
i do recommend these BHs to everyone!
Old 09-03-2005, 03:25 PM

Hi, got a thoughtful email from Polkat, I appreciate that. Davidmil, you lost me there. I thought I said the 1" 100 and 125 4 blade Tricks were termed Standard because they cut the same size hole as 3 blade heads such as Thunderheads. And that the 1 1/8" 4 blade Tricks were termed Magnum because they blow bigger holes. Didn't think I ever said Thunderheads were substandard. Thunderheads, in point of fact, are fine heads, and have been the best selling head on the market, along with Muzzy, also fine heads,for the last 20 years. No doubt they will continue to do a fine job for you.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was on a link off this post on slicktricks. And its 22 dollars for 3 broadheads? Kinda expenisive but its been a while since iv bought some bh.

Quick Reply: slick trick, fact or fiction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.