Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

trap door rest

Old 03-31-2005, 07:27 PM

Default trap door rest

are trap door rest any good on slow speed bows because it rellies on bow inertia?Also any general opinios on them.And dose anyone hunt with one.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trap door rest

http://www.broadheadtests.com/ARROWRESTS.html
read this, it should answer some of your questions.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

It'll probably still work. In fact maybe better than with a faster bow. BUT, I've had one on my last two bows, a Martin SlayR and my new ShadowCat. Got the same results with both. The rest dropped out nice enough, but as a hunting rest it made too much noise. The ShadowCat is my hunting bow and the rest went on it Wednesday evening and came off yesterday evening. Now I'm trying the SuperStar.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:30 PM

I have had a trap door for 3 years and I love it. The noise factor should be solved by the new delrin launcher on the Mach 4 but I am shooting older model. I have read a lot of people on the forum cuss the Trap Door, so maybe I just got lucky or my shop set it up right in the first place. I have never changed the adjustment on it even though I shoot 60 to 70 # depending on the time of year. I am upgrading next month to the Mach 4 just to get the less-noisy launcher. I would recommend but I could be in the minority.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

The noise I had was not from the launcher. Mine already has the Delrin launcher. It's the internal mechanism that's rattles.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:20 PM

The noise I had was not from the launcher. Mine already has the Delrin launcher. It's the internal mechanism that's rattles.
If this is the case I would send the rest back. Put a sock over were the rest hits the riser. Then cock the rest and hit the front of the bow with your hand to set off the rest. I hear absolutely nothing. This is with a 3 year old model with a metal launcher. Not saying you are wrong, there just might be some reason for the noise.