Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trap door arrow rest? >

Trap door arrow rest?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trap door arrow rest?

Old 08-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trap door arrow rest?

I just got my bow back, and got a trap door arrow rest on it, it seems pretty simple. I was just wondering if anyone else has this rest and how they like it if so. Let me know, thanks. If someone has a web-site for this particular rest that i can find and read more about let me know as well.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trap door arrow rest?

It drops too fast , and does not provide the "capture" other hunting rests provide .
Old 08-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

What do u mean by capture jimmy?
Old 08-09-2004, 08:59 AM

I used the trap door last year. It's a great rest for target shooting but I can't recommend it for hunting. I switched to a muzzy zero effect and I like it much better. The plus side to the trap door is its simplicity but the downside is IMO is it is too small and the arrow can drop off in certain situations. If its not too late, try out a zero effect before you go with the trap door.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I SECOND Legacy's Opinion
Old 08-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to mention some of them develop a nasty habit of sounding like a tuning fork, or just stop dropping for no apparent reason.

The'yve redesigned the guts of it, every year since it's inception..I think that should tell people something.

I had two...I'd never put another on my bow.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:29 AM

TF,

I love my trap door. Simple no strings, pulleys etc. I've had mine for about 2 years now and has never let me down. I did get the wider forks on it this year. My pro shop gave the new forks to me for free. Holds the arrow better. KISS. Keep it simple stupid.

My buddy got the muzzy 0 effect. Too big and weird looking for me.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my trap door
Oh thank you I thought i was going to kill myself for buying a 80 dollar rest and its a p.o.s! I still have to sight it in and i cant wait really.
The guy i go to, wouldnt screw me i dont think i have been using him for years.............i dont like the mze either..........too weird for me. If all esle fails i still have my tm hunter rest.......that never let me down
Old 08-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey Fan, the MZE may look weird but it's the original drop away rest. The sweet thing about it is that because it's mechanically pushed down there are no strings or springs to foul up. I've got the Trapdoor on my new bow, but my hunting bow carries the Zero Effect. Complete, unquestionable reliability.

Ya gotta watch one thing though. The ZE doesn't work as well on some parrallel limb bows because of the short cable slide movement.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

I got the trap door put on my bow a few months ago and love it so far, hope it stays that way[&:]

Quick Reply: Trap door arrow rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.