Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
FIRST CUT EXP      Broadheads >

FIRST CUT EXP Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

FIRST CUT EXP Broadheads

Old 07-17-2002, 06:32 PM

Default FIRST CUT EXP Broadheads

Anyone have experiance with these ? 5shot have you tested these ? They look interesting.......

Ill wait to hear......
Old 07-17-2002, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FIRST CUT EXP Broadheads

Basicly They are a decent head, fly good but the blades are more fragile than many heads. The Snypers are much better, as are many other mechanicals. I put them in the middle of the pack when it comes to mechanicals, not the best, not the worst.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 07-17-2002, 06:50 PM

Default RE: FIRST CUT EXP Broadheads

I was so impressed with the design of these that I had to buy some and go hunting! I leave nothing to chance so I screwed these broadheads on, spun them for straightness, and shot them into a foam target to test accuracy and point of impact. One blade broke on the first shot, which I overlooked, but couldn't help but wonder if they broke on soft foam, then what would they do an game. They flew great and appeared to penetrate just fine, with the blades opening quick enough to produce an nice entry wound. My main problem came when I tried to change the blades. Exactly half of the set-screws broke, making it impossible to install new, sharp blades. i must admit that these heads performed fine in the field, harvesting a medium sized hog, and a 3/4 curl Barbadoes Sheep, both with nice entry and exit holes. Also, Game Tracker sent me a new package of heads. However, that being said, I don't have a lot of confidence in them due to the blade and setscrews breaking, and will probably not use them any more. Hope this helps.