Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Broadheads

Old 01-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Broadheads

What broadheads do all of you guys use shooting traditional? I myself shoot 125 grain 3 blade Magnus Snuffers. Post a picture if you have one also. I'm just curious as to what everyone else has had good luck with!

Old 01-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadheads

Same as me with the Martin Hunter....I also use Zwicky with the long bow.....
Old 01-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Same as me with the Martin Hunter....I also use Zwicky with the long bow.....
My dad use to shoot them years ago some. There a good tough head.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes they are.......
Old 01-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

My all time favorite head was the old yellow glue-on Bear Razorhead. When they switched to stainless, I started using Zwickey Eskimos. The shop I used started carrying Magnus instead of Zwickey, so I got off onto using Magnus II's. Very similar to the Eskimo, but I think I still like the Zwickey a little better. I still use the stainless Razorheads some, especially for varmints. And I like the good ol' Muzzy 125's too.

I've never found any reason to go seaching and experimenting around too much with other heads because these do such a good job for me.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

My all time favorite head was the old yellow glue-on Bear Razorhead. When they switched to stainless, I started using Zwickey Eskimos. The shop I used started carrying Magnus instead of Zwickey, so I got off onto using Magnus II's. Very similar to the Eskimo, but I think I still like the Zwickey a little better. I still use the stainless Razorheads some, especially for varmints. And I like the good ol' Muzzy 125's too.

I've never found any reason to go seaching and experimenting around too much with other heads because these do such a good job for me.
I use to shoot the old yellow bear BH's too but they up and switched there design on them which I didn't care for one bit!
Old 01-19-2008, 03:35 PM

Also shoot zwickeys, 135 grains, not sure of name
Old 01-19-2008, 05:19 PM

I am one of the oldtimers that used to hunt with a recurve. Years ago I since switched to a compound bow, and in fact, got a Diamond Liberty a couple of months ago. But that old desire to instictive shoot has also returned so I also crossed over to the Dark Side by buying an inexpensive recurve to use for roving, and stump shooting. I have several dozen PO cedar arrows from the old days. So by now you are wondering what does this have to do with broadheads on this post?

Well, I have two dozen of the old glue-on greenie Bear Broadheads. I have a few of the second generation SS Bear replacements (still fairly old ones).

I have some heads called the Spike which was a missle-shaped head with two delta razor inserts (one large and one small).

I have some original Wasp heads with insert blades that look like they were cut from an old shaving blade.

I have some broadheads that look like the picture of the Snuffer at the beginning of the post but they are glue on and solid metal without the cutouts. There is an "H" stamped on the sides. I don't recall what they were called. Does anyone know?

I figure I will have to get some new broadheads for the carbon arrows and Liberty bow. I been trying to figure out what to use on that bow. I figure the heads I have may not be the best for that setup, so I can shoot the old ones up from my recurve. I am considering getting some Muzzy 3 blade heads for the compound.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to shoot Zwickey Eskimo glue-on's when I shot wood but now I use Magnus Stingers and Razorcaps--both 125gr
Old 01-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Fork Horn

I like to shoot the same heads regardless of which bow I shoot and i couldnt get the zwickey's to fly from the compound like I wanted, so I also shoot the snuffer's. I still have some of the old bear razor heads lots of the zwickey's and there are still some of the wensel woodsmans out in the shop.

Rogue

Quick Reply: Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.