Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 which broadheads for hog ! >

which broadheads for hog !

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

which broadheads for hog !

Old 04-22-2004, 02:21 PM

Default which broadheads for hog !

i want know which broadheads you use for hog hunting ?

At this time i'm using Ironheads 125 for hunting roe deer and, i've the opportunity this year to bowhunt hog and i think switch my Iron heads for magnus Stinger 125 two blades !

can you give me your experience with this heads !!!
Old 04-22-2004, 02:35 PM

Default RE: which broadheads for hog !

Ironhead 125 is as good as they come in my book! This is my number 1 broadhead & I would use it on anything without fear!
Old 04-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

I USE A SPITFIRE 100 GRAIN. STOPS THEM IN THEIR TRACKS.

Old 04-22-2004, 03:39 PM

hi Orions_Bows

I've try the Iron on hog , if yes i've a good penetration with it !!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:41 PM

Sorry , read : have You try the Iron on hog, if yes i've a good penetration with it !!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: LYNX34

hi Orions_Bows

I've try the Iron on hog , if yes i've a good penetration with it !!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 04:00 PM

You might look at the Magnus Stinger 125's in either 2 or 4 blade. These are wicked heads.

JMAC
Old 04-23-2004, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used the stinger 125's on my recent pig hunt with excellent results. Of course your Ironheads will work great as well. It't s personal choice but I was very pleased with the stinger performance on my hog.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

I've used the Wasp Hammer SST's on everything in recent years, and can say they have never let me down on any critter. As with all critters, shot placement is critical, and most top-quality heads on the market will do the job so it all boils down to personal preference.

Heck, I even took a hog with an original Pucketts!(and they were cheeeeeese heads!) Put him down in less than 20 yds too---just bled out right where he was basically standing--trotted off and dropped, looked like someone stuck a hose in him.

If you get around that protective plate and put a good shot into them, they drop pretty easy I've found. Choose a quality head that you are confident in and have fun! Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 04-23-2004, 06:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hog generally have a reputation for thick hides and poor penetration is often the result with many typical whitetail setups. The Ironhead XP would not be a bad choice especially with that weight (assuming spine is good). Any cut on contact head would probably be my recommendation.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:08 PM

sounds like what you have will work fine on a hog!!![8D] As long as you are confident with your gear you will shoot fine... me personally like 3 - 4 blades on my broadhead so they will bleed more but that's just me...

Quick Reply: which broadheads for hog !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.