Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

question about lone wolf hang on system

Old 07-18-2004, 07:00 PM

Default question about lone wolf hang on system

I am interested in buying the hang-on stand with the climbing sticks. My main question is "Can this system be used quietly in the dark?" I have always set up most of my lock-ons well before the season, but sometimes I go into new areas where a climber won't work and i need a lock-on. this system looks like it would be light even with the climbing sticks strapped to the stand. Any info about this combo would be appreciated.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:58 PM

Default RE: question about lone wolf hang on system

The lone wolf system is extremely quite. No loose or clangy pieces.

Of course, if you try to do a rush job, you may experience some noise. Take your time and ease up the tree and they will never know you were there.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:24 PM

Hey doublecreek, I am from the great state of Mississippi also. Its good to see some fellow MS boys on here. I noticed you have Belle Island on your post. I grew up hunting on Refuge and Woodstock. I also hunted a couple of times on Bell Island. Are you from the Delta. Also, do you know of anybody who keeps Lone Wolf stands in stock. I am going to check with the Sportsman to see if they can get one in so I can try out the hang-on stand.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Spike

I own 2 of LoneWolf's hang on stands and really like them. Then are light and easy to hang. As long as you don't hit the stand into the steps as you pull it up the most noise you will make is the noise you make while climbing the tree. The stand itself is also very quiet. No creeking or squeaking. The climbing sticks are also very quiet, again, as long as you don't bang them together. Both are very light. The climbing sticks and stand will contour to just about any tree. The seat height comes in different heights for taller or shorter hunters. Just give them a call and talk to them. They are very helpful. I bought both of mine directly off of them. Check out their website below.

Lonewolf