Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow Quality Question

Old 03-22-2004, 11:25 AM

Default RE: Bow Quality Question

I agree with Cougar especially on the Matthews. Thats right i said it Matthews is in the business of making money not bows. Its all about advertising, that is why they are so popular. Anyways solocam technology is nothing new and nothing better then it has everbeen, go 2 cam or 1 1/2 cam.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:58 PM

Husker, The bottom line is the bow is only as good as the guy that shoots it...I have a Reflex Prowler, and love it, I was in your situation 2 years ago, and went with what I could afford, and if you practice it won't matter what the make of the bow is, it's the person holding the bow that makes the difference.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:43 PM

The quality of a bow is only determined by the person who shoots it. Shoot what feels good and works for you.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Go with the Browning or the golden eagle if you like them..there good bows and will suit u well for years to come.fact is most bow companies make good bows its just that hoyt and mathews advertise more then anyone else,
Old 03-26-2004, 09:04 PM

I shoot a PSE now but shot a golden eagle for years and had no problems at all. The only thing that I have heard bad about the North American Archery Group bows is that it is tough to get them worked on when you have problems. But you know what they say about rumors, I don't know that first hand. Good luck, shoot lots of bows and like it has been said several times above, shoot what you can afford and feels comfortable. Don't get sucked in by a name. Let us know what you decide on.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:36 AM

my suggestion would to be to go to a pro-shop and shoot a bunch of bows. now a days its hard to find a bow thats considered bad. w/ the standards of new bows these days they all will shoot relatively well. all bows also have there quirks. while Mathews, Hoyte, and Bow Tech. are the rave now. there are many bows that are just as good. also, not every bow will fit a specific person. I have shot may bows . and found that the Browning Mirage 1.5 feels more comfortable to me. its all about how you feel w/ the bow. I've seen guys in the past spend 600.00-700.00 on a hoyte or mathews w/ out shooting it first. to later find out that they dont like it. there are many bows that are good.and you dont have to take a second mortgage out on the home. do your home work and ask questions at the pro-shops. they'll help if you ask. godd luck!!!!

Old 04-02-2004, 06:29 AM

Buy a Champion .... The Price is extremely good and you dont even have to go with a high class one to get extreme accuracy.. If you looking for a cheaper bow with speed and accuracy heres the bow for you ! Check out
www.Championbow.com

This is the Champion Eagle it is the middle of the line for champion bows!

Heres what Chamopion Says :

The new Champion Eagle has everything you need in a high performance hunting bow. No more. No less.
Efficient, rugged reverse curve laminated limbs. A super-strong machined aluminum riser. A choice of the awesomely efficient ETS CamPlus System or the smooth accuracy of a G3 Cam with 3.9" idler. A near perfect 35-inch length. Premium Skyline Excel camouflage.

We could have loaded up the Eagle with a bunch of extra bells and whistles. But to our knowledge, no one ever killed a deer with a bell or a whistle.

Brace Hieght Axle to Axle Draw Lenghts Draw Wieghts IBO
Eagle ETS 7-1/8" 35-1/8" 26.5 – 31 50-60,60-70 306
Eagle G3 7-3/4" 34-5/16" 27 - 31 50-60,60-70 298